Windows 10: Brightness keys don't work

Discus and support Brightness keys don't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few months ago, the brightness keys on my keyboard stopped working and it's driving me insane, having to navigate to settings to change brightness.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CalvinCao, Aug 27, 2019.

1. CalvinCao Win User

Brightness keys don't work

A few months ago, the brightness keys on my keyboard stopped working and it's driving me insane, having to navigate to settings to change brightness. The volume buttons, all the other special function keys, and also f6 and f7 without holding the function key (that is, when I use f6 and f7 as function keys they work but not when I hold the "fn" button to make them change the brightness).

Could there be something wrong with my drivers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

CalvinCao, Aug 27, 2019
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Aug 27, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Aug 27, 2019
  4. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Brightness keys don't work - Similar Threads - Brightness keys don't

2. brightness key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness key not working: brightness key is not working and f9 also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-key-not-working/6832a75b-699d-4cd3-8391-4e8a140fbeec
  3. brightness key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brightness key not working: brightness key is not working and f9 also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-key-not-working/6832a75b-699d-4cd3-8391-4e8a140fbeec
  4. Audio and Brightness FN keys don't work unless holding down fn key.

Audio and Brightness FN keys don't work unless holding down fn key.: I bought a new HP gaming laptop a few days ago Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fb1xxx. Come into an issue where I can't use the f2,f3, f5, f6, and f7 keys. Whenever I click them while on a browser it makes my page reload instead of performing a brightness or audio change...
  5. Brightness Keys not working

Brightness Keys not working: Sometimes when I open my computer the brightness keys stop working specifically, the brighten F6 key, when I press it makes my computer less bright until it reach 20/100 brightness, if I go lower I can then brighten my computer using F6 key to 20/100 again, I have to manually...
  6. Brightness Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Keys not working: Sometimes when I open my computer the brightness keys stop working specifically, the brighten F6 key, when I press it makes my computer less bright until it reach 20/100 brightness, if I go lower I can then brighten my computer using F6 key to 20/100 again, I have to manually...
  7. Brightness Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Brightness key not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Brightness key not working: So my laptop has done this for a while now and its starting to get annoying. The actual key works but its not changing the brightness so I have to change it manually. plz help me...
  9. Brightness keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness keys not working: Hi,. My brightness keys have stopped functioning after I updated my drivers. I have tried the usual hacks posted in previous discussion threads but nothing seems to be working. Can you please help? Thank you....
  10. Brightness Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness Keys Not Working: My Hp laptop's brightness keys aren't working, when I click them, it will go down by 1 and go up by 1 but it wont go down more than this. It doesn't even go to 100% brightness when I increase the brightness. I have reinstalled all the display drivers but it's not working....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont my brightness button work

2. why is f7 key and the brightness on the same key

3. surface go function key doed not work

4. what function key changes brightness,
  5. surface laptop brightness keys,
  6. why when i press the f6 key it doesnt change the brightness,
  7. brightness keys dont work windows 10