Windows 10: Brightness Keys Not Working

Discus and support Brightness Keys Not Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Hp laptop's brightness keys aren't working, when I click them, it will go down by 1 and go up by 1 but it wont go down more than this. It doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AceEK, Sep 12, 2018.

1. AceEK Win User

Brightness Keys Not Working

My Hp laptop's brightness keys aren't working, when I click them, it will go down by 1 and go up by 1 but it wont go down more than this. It doesn't even go to 100% brightness when I increase the brightness. I have reinstalled all the display drivers but it's not working.

:)

AceEK, Sep 12, 2018
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Sep 12, 2018
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Brightness Keys Not Working

Function key will not work correctly when setting up brightness.

Hi Ashique,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue with only brightness?

The special keys like Fn key with the options to change brightness or to reduce sound are provided by the laptop manufacturer.

We would suggest you to update or download the software from the computer manufacturer website.

Ravinath P, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Brightness Keys Not Working

1. Brightness Keys Not Working - Similar Threads - Brightness Keys Working

2. Brightness Keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Keys not working: Sometimes when I open my computer the brightness keys stop working specifically, the brighten F6 key, when I press it makes my computer less bright until it reach 20/100 brightness, if I go lower I can then brighten my computer using F6 key to 20/100 again, I have to manually...
  3. Brightness Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Keys not working: Sometimes when I open my computer the brightness keys stop working specifically, the brighten F6 key, when I press it makes my computer less bright until it reach 20/100 brightness, if I go lower I can then brighten my computer using F6 key to 20/100 again, I have to manually...
  4. Brightness Keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brightness keys wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness keys wont work: My brightness is very low and My brightness keys wont work, how do I fix this problem?what setting can I go to to adjust it?Also games were very smooth now but they've become so slow and laggy...
  6. Brightness keys wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness keys wont work: My brightness is very low and My brightness keys wont work, how do I fix this problem?what setting can I go to to adjust it?Also games were very smooth now but they've become so slow and laggy...
  7. Brightness key not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Brightness key not working: So my laptop has done this for a while now and its starting to get annoying. The actual key works but its not changing the brightness so I have to change it manually. plz help me...
  8. Volume and Brightness keys not working

Volume and Brightness keys not working: I just recently got this laptop around the Holidays. I noticed a few problems with this laptop, my brightness and volume F-keys weren't working, my screen kept on exiting out to home screen, and my cursor wasn't working at times. Then, I restarted my laptop and everything...
  9. Brightness keys not working

Brightness keys not working: Hi,. My brightness keys have stopped functioning after I updated my drivers. I have tried the usual hacks posted in previous discussion threads but nothing seems to be working. Can you please help? Thank you....
  10. volumn and brightness keys are not working....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volumn and brightness keys are not working....: SO, from last 3 to 4 days my volumn keys and brightness keys are not working at all... I read some questions and answers to solve my problem , and I tried uninstalled recent updates ….but it doesn't work for me please solve my problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft surface brightness not working

2. brightness keys not working windows 2019

3. brightness center not working hp laptop 2019

4. how to reduce brightness on hp laptop when the adjusting buttoms are not working,
  5. my laptop wont adjust brightness levles,
  6. download the software when it uninstalled brightness cannot be reduced,
  7. how to use function key to change brightness on microsoft surface,
  8. how to fix brightness keys on surface pro ,
  9. asus brightness key not working,
  10. hp brightness fn keys not working,
  11. enable brightness key surface,
  12. fn key rog gu501gm not working,
  13. HP ProBook 430 G5 keyboard chaning brightness