Windows 10: Brightness maxed out, Media button and missing Volume OSD

Discus and support Brightness maxed out, Media button and missing Volume OSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, im using old Asus laptop A42F specs: Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 350M 6 GB RAM 2+4 500GB + 500GB HDD I received it with depleted battery it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Farrel Pramono, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Brightness maxed out, Media button and missing Volume OSD

Hi, im using old Asus laptop A42F

specs:

• Intel® Core™ i3 Processor 350M
    • 6 GB RAM 2+4
    • 500GB + 500GB HDD

I received it with depleted battery it wont hold any power, so power outage means dead laptop and i replace it with new battery. I also reinstall it with fresh Windows 10 1909 and quickly i realized that its missing Volume OSD include with now playing info is not showing

Brightness maxed out, Media button and missing Volume OSD bbbc2178-78f3-4f62-852c-ad21523198eb?upload=true.jpg

Moreover, the media function button vol up, vo down, stop, prev, play/pause, and next is not working. While the other button and function button is working fine.

In addition, im facing maxed out display brightness. Theres no switch for display brightness in power settings control panel, intel HD settings, or Windows 10 settings.

Heres things I already tried to do:

• online checker keyboard button media keyboard button
    • reinstall keyboard driver via device manager media keyboard button
    • uninstall and let windows 10 reinstall graphic driver brightness problem
    • uninstall and install intel driver brightness problem
    • uninstall and let windows 10 reinstall audio driver volume osd
    • reinstall audio driver with 3rd party driver volume osd

:)

Farrel Pramono, Feb 17, 2021

2. Brightness OSD

My screen brightness OSD is a permanent feature on my screen - any suggestions on how to make is disappear!?

I'm running 10 on a Surface

JennieAdlam, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Rick2021 Win User
    Rick2021, Feb 17, 2021
  4. JOVAY Win User

Brightness maxed out, Media button and missing Volume OSD

Is it possible to change how Windows 10 brightness OSD behaves?

Is it possible to change how Windows 10 brightness OSD behaves? I am asking about finer tuning, currently there is 10-step scale ranging from 0 to 100 with 10 point steps. Is it possible to make it controllable by laptop keys in more accurate way, for
    example make it 15-step scale that is using custom values, like 0,3,6,10,15,20,25,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100? Or any other?

JOVAY, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Brightness maxed out, Media button and missing Volume OSD

1. Brightness maxed out, Media button and missing Volume OSD - Similar Threads - Brightness maxed Media

2. Both the volume and brightness OSD are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both the volume and brightness OSD are not working: When I pressed the volume up/down and brightness up/down keys on the keyboard the display showed the bar status of the respective category, but recently I noticed that i doesn´t happen anymore, so I want to fix it as it was....
  3. Both the volume and brightness OSD are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both the volume and brightness OSD are not working: When I pressed the volume up/down and brightness up/down keys on the keyboard the display showed the bar status of the respective category, but recently I noticed that i doesn´t happen anymore, so I want to fix it as it was....
  4. Brightness keeps maxing out automitically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness keeps maxing out automitically: Hi,I have a windows 11 laptop that keeps increasing the brightness to the max when I start a game or watch a video, which is really annoying. The power plan is set to balanced and it happens when it's plugged too. The option ''Help improve battery by optimizing the content...
  5. Brightness keeps maxing out automitically

Brightness keeps maxing out automitically: Hi,I have a windows 11 laptop that keeps increasing the brightness to the max when I start a game or watch a video, which is really annoying. The power plan is set to balanced and it happens when it's plugged too. The option ''Help improve battery by optimizing the content...
  6. Volume OSD

Volume OSD: Hi! Unlike most of the users, I love to see spotify music pop up next to my windows volume OSD but even though I activated it from spotify settings it doesn't show up. I would love to fix this issue if possible. Thanks in advance. Peace Out...
  7. Volume/Brightness OSD late to show up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume/Brightness OSD late to show up: Hello everyone, as you can see from the title, my volume/brightness OSD's are late to show up. For example, whenever I press the volume/brightness keys, it takes approximately 4 seconds for the overlay to show up. I'm using a Lenovo IdeaPad C340 and I've only recently...
  8. Media/Volume OSD change source

Media/Volume OSD change source: I use a streamdeck mini to control my music while I have my kvm switched to my work computer. This works great for play/paus next/previous and I even made some little ahk scripts to thumbs up and down for me in youtube music. The only thing that doesn't work 100% is the...
  9. Volume OSD

Volume OSD: I have headphones without hardware volume control, so i mapped volume controls to my mouse (roccat kova) and when i change volume controls in game i get huge fps drops. Any ideas? I tried hidevolumeosd but it didnt solved the problem. submitted by /u/Korothi [link]...
  10. Brightness OSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness OSD: My screen brightness OSD is a permanent feature on my screen - any suggestions on how to make is disappear!? I'm running 10 on a Surface https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-osd/6342aece-1eaa-4cc2-8d0f-7e111bd4efab