Windows 10: Brightness no longer changing after update

Discus and support Brightness no longer changing after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did an update on June 3 listed as KB4503864 and after that update, I can no longer change the brightness on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarrisonPaul, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Brightness no longer changing after update

I did an update on June 3 listed as KB4503864 and after that update, I can no longer change the brightness on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop.

I have looked around at how to fix but nothing is working. Is there some sort of patch that can be down in order for this the brightness to change again?

:)

HarrisonPaul, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Brightness changing problem

Hi,

Changing the screen brightness on your laptop can be adjusted by going to
    System > Display
    where you can use the slider to adjust the brightness. If your PC supports, you may also let Windows to automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the current lighting condition by enabling
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes.

If you've already the tried the suggestions above but the screen brightness still doesn't change, then we suggest updating the display drivers. Please see

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps on how to update the drivers.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Brightness no longer changing after update

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Brightness no longer changing after update

1. Brightness no longer changing after update - Similar Threads - Brightness longer changing

2. Brightness no longer changing and resolution is strange.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness no longer changing and resolution is strange.: Hey guys. This happened randomly today. First, I adjust my brightness with the keyboard. The bar brightness changes on-screen, but nothing actually happens with the brightness. I go into the display settings and change the brightness on the slider, but the brightness doesn't...
  3. Brightness no longer changing and resolution is strange.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness no longer changing and resolution is strange.: Hey guys. This happened randomly today. First, I adjust my brightness with the keyboard. The bar brightness changes on-screen, but nothing actually happens with the brightness. I go into the display settings and change the brightness on the slider, but the brightness doesn't...
  4. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  5. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  6. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cannot change brightness after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change brightness after windows update: I kept getting the popup to update windows so I update windows now I CANNOT change the brightness even with hotkeys everything was working fine before I did the update. I have tried everything literally. I know what you will probably reply. Enable Generic PnP Monitor, I've...
  9. Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903: I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue, changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here SEyRYGojBsA in comparison, changing the brightness with the...
  10. brightness after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness after update: my screen brightness is dim and I cant adjust it now after update a couple days ago. I want this fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/brightness-after-update/48f191b9-272b-4b99-839b-74299ca6a207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop screen brightness not working