Windows 10: Brightness not changing even after adjusting for brightness [Windows 10 32 bit]

Discus and support Brightness not changing even after adjusting for brightness [Windows 10 32 bit] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not able to adjust my laptop's brightness with the brightness slider in Windows 10 [32 bit]. I am able to move the slider but the brightness is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AvinashPakala, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Brightness not changing even after adjusting for brightness [Windows 10 32 bit]

I am not able to adjust my laptop's brightness with the brightness slider in Windows 10 [32 bit]. I am able to move the slider but the brightness is not changing correspondingly.

I went through this other query and tried to do the same but didn't find the various options mentioned there.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/brightness-setting-not-working/21365f03-7a44-4af6-b1a8-e0fa98126a9b

for eg.,

1. Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down & Click Hardware & Devices > Click Run the Troubleshooter & follow on-screen directions > Restart the computer after troubleshooting is completed

Didn't find "Hardware & Devices option"

This will not correct the problem but will provide relief - Right click on battery icon in Task bar > Power options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Expand Display > Check the values under Display brightness, Dimmed display brightness and Enable adaptive brightness.

"Didn't find anything after i expand display" ---- It is only saying--- Turnoff display after ---[on battery], [plugged in]

3. I have also updated the latest display adapter [NVIDIA GEFORCE] by downloading directly from the website and still no use.

:)

AvinashPakala, Mar 4, 2021

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 4, 2021
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Brightness not changing even after adjusting for brightness [Windows 10 32 bit]

Shawn Brink, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Brightness not changing even after adjusting for brightness [Windows 10 32 bit]

1. Brightness not changing even after adjusting for brightness [Windows 10 32 bit] - Similar Threads - Brightness changing adjusting

2. adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  3. Adjust brightness

Adjust brightness: Hey I have the same monitor as you, as well as the same problem. I was just curious if you ended up figuring out the issue. I have looked up everything and even as you did find a visual down loader for brightness & I have had the same results. Get back to me on the question...
  4. brightness, how to adjust the brightness?

brightness, how to adjust the brightness?: Idk much about windows 10 help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-how-to-adjust-the-brightness/935b0821-c6fd-4be6-b4f6-121976c88282
  5. Brightness adjuster not there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  6. Adjusting the Brightness

Adjusting the Brightness: Hi, I am trying to find a way to adjust the brightness, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. I also can't find the brightness slider where it should be (according to google search)....
  7. Adjusting the brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adjusting the brightness: I have a problem of adjusting the brightness. display is having same brightness when I change to 0% to 100%. the brightness is not changing please help.. thank you in advance...
  8. Brightness adjust

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness adjust: Hi, so after october Windows update my brightness adjust stopped working. It works, when I restart my laptop, but when I wake it up from sleep, it doesn't work... I got all drivers for graphics adapters, even deleted them and reinstall. My ambient light (auto brightness) is...
  9. No brightness adjustment

No brightness adjustment: My laptop just updated and now there isn't a way to adjust the brightness. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-brightness-adjustment/ef0a1ba1-056c-430e-9793-7ce72f5eabf9
  10. Adjust brightness?

Adjust brightness?: I find the white of the win 10 windows just easy to bright, especially late are night. I don't wanna reduce my monitors brightness cos i have to up it again after to pay my xbox.is there a brightness setting? 31910