Windows 10: Brightness not coming back after sleep mode

Discus and support Brightness not coming back after sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently updated the internal hard drive on my laptop that runs windows 10. Since then when the computer goes into sleep mode and I go to use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TeresaBlouin, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Brightness not coming back after sleep mode

I recently updated the internal hard drive on my laptop that runs windows 10. Since then when the computer goes into sleep mode and I go to use it again, the screen is very dark and it will not brighten unless I turn it off and then back on. I have updated the Radeon driver and turned off all the battery saver and night light options and it still is not staying bright when I wake it from sleep mode. Help! I'm all out of ideas!

Teresa

:)

TeresaBlouin, Nov 23, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 23, 2020
  3. laptop won't sleep can't adjust brightness

Hi,

As you are unable to get the option for sleep in the Start menu, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    John T in the link provided below and check:

Why windows 10 buttons are missing sleep and hibernate command?

Also, follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Brightness not coming back after sleep mode

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Brightness not coming back after sleep mode

1. Brightness not coming back after sleep mode - Similar Threads - Brightness coming sleep

2. USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11: Like the self-explanatory title, my usb keyboard or mouse doesnt work after waking up from sleep mode. I have to restart to make them working again. Everything is fine as long as I do not go to sleep mode. I have changed the setting in device manager to not suspend power in...
  3. USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USb mouse/keyboard not working after coming back from sleep mode in WIndows11: Like the self-explanatory title, my usb keyboard or mouse doesnt work after waking up from sleep mode. I have to restart to make them working again. Everything is fine as long as I do not go to sleep mode. I have changed the setting in device manager to not suspend power in...
  4. Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not opening after coming from sleep mode: Hello,I tried to put my laptop on sleep mode. For some reason it is not opening anymore from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on. It quite a hssle since I don't want to turn it off and on everytime. How to fix this?...
  5. Laptop does not come back after going in to Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop does not come back after going in to Sleep Mode: Hello allMy new HP Pavilion laptop switched off automatically in sleep mode.With the help of HP and Microsoft team carried out system restore, system reset and also tried system reboot using external USB drive. No joy till date.I have tried lot of troubleshooting options and...
  6. Screen not coming back on after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not coming back on after sleep: Since the latest update, the screen on my notebook will not come on after waking up from sleep. I can close my lid then re-open it later and it powers on, the keyboard lights up, I hear sounds, but no screen. I have to force shutdown (hold power button) and completely re-boot...
  7. Brightness & Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness & Sleep mode not working: Brightness is not changing after update - windows10. Sleep mode also not available Display driver is not being loaded due to some security setting preventing it from loading. Thanks!...
  8. Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer comes right back on after putting into sleep mode.: When I put my computer into sleep mode, it will shut down and a few seconds later will click on and wake back up without me initiating anything. It will stay running for a bit, go off into sleep mode, then a few seconds later will click and come back awake. I’m not sure if...
  9. Black screen when coming back from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when coming back from sleep mode: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the last two days I've had issues when coming back to the laptop after closing the lid and putting it into sleep mode. When I reopen the lid and press a button on the keyboard everything lights up like normal and starts running- except the...
  10. Sleep Mode coming back on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep Mode coming back on: I have a 5 year old desk computer with windows 10. I have a Brothers printer MFC-L2740DW, which is an all in one type printer, connected to the home network. If I put the computer on sleep mode in about 15 seconds the computer comes back on by itself. what happens is the...