Windows 10: Brightness of screen fades out every time it goes into sleeep mode

Discus and support Brightness of screen fades out every time it goes into sleeep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ever since I updated my laptop with December's Window feature update, my screen's brightness fades out whenever it goes into sleep mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kunal16, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Kunal16 Win User

Brightness of screen fades out every time it goes into sleeep mode

Ever since I updated my laptop with December's Window feature update, my screen's brightness fades out whenever it goes into sleep mode.

:)

Kunal16, Dec 30, 2018

2. Fading brightness - 2.0

Dear Michelle,

Firstly, thank you for the quick response. When your reply arrived the light fading was 'up' to every 5 seconds.

I followed your suggestion. Unfortunately, the settings under 'enable adaptive brightness' were already at 'OFF', so I wasn't that. I looked next at the adjoining 'Dimmed Brightness Display' and found that both under Mains, and Battery, 30% was the setting.
    I upped this to 100%, but this has not helped either, but thanks again for your suggestion. Can anyone PLEASE come up with a 'fix'? As it stands, the PC is unusable.

Michael

MichaelCallister, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Fading brightness - 2.0

Big Windows 10 update last night (Tuesday). Immediately, the fading screen brightness returned. I have tried the 'updating Intel' solution which worked last time, but no luck this time. The fading is now every 30 secs. HELP, please!

MichaelCallister, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Brightness of screen fades out every time it goes into sleeep mode

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Brightness of screen fades out every time it goes into sleeep mode

1. Brightness of screen fades out every time it goes into sleeep mode - Similar Threads - Brightness screen fades

2. Goes into tablet mode and back every time I start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goes into tablet mode and back every time I start: Every time I open up my laptop it goes into tablet mode and then back again it takes a minute https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goes-into-tablet-mode-and-back-every-time-i-start/6388ff57-da43-4b77-90c8-ded4ba881a46
  3. Goes into tablet mode and back every time I start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goes into tablet mode and back every time I start: Every time I open up my laptop it goes into tablet mode and then back again it takes a minute https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goes-into-tablet-mode-and-back-every-time-i-start/6388ff57-da43-4b77-90c8-ded4ba881a46
  4. My screen keeps fading out and goes black. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen keeps fading out and goes black. Why?: Why does my screen go black after a few minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-fading-out-and-goes-black-why/70c4c020-4f18-4263-938c-ab5a242a580c
  5. My screen keeps fading out and goes black. Why?

My screen keeps fading out and goes black. Why?: Why does my screen go black after a few minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keeps-fading-out-and-goes-black-why/70c4c020-4f18-4263-938c-ab5a242a580c
  6. Windows crashes every time the computer goes into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes every time the computer goes into sleep mode.: The past two days any time my computer enters sleep mode it will get the blue screen and crash. Over the past two days it has happened 5 or 6 times and I have the mini dump files for all of them. Going to windows support had me run the sfc /scannow command but that did not...
  7. Sound fading in and out at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound fading in and out at times: When I am listening to an online podcast or a video or even my church service, the sound fades in and out at times. When I have video chats with family and friends on the Alexa app, I am fading out I am told. Why is this happening and what can I do to repair this issue? Is it...
  8. Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound: Whenever I play a video or audio file on my computer, the audio fades in about a second after I hit play. This started happening after I updated my PC a couple of days ago. Can't find the fix. I've tried many things. Anyone else having the same iddue? submitted by...
  9. Brightness: Every time windows 10 updates, my screen goes dim.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness: Every time windows 10 updates, my screen goes dim.: Every time windows 10 updates my screen goes dim. Last time I chatted w agent she downloaded an ap that allowed me to adjust it. Now it's gone. I don't have an adjust bar. Nothing. I'm so sick of this. Help. Also how do I connect back to live chat?...
  10. Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1

Fade in, fade out in WMM 6.1: I'm working in Windows Movie Maker 6.1. I want to lengthen the time of fade in to white and fade out to white. I'm going into Tools > Options > Advanced and increasing the time in Transition Duration to 5 seconds, but it seems to have no effect on new projects. Did I miss a...