Windows 10: Brightness randomly goes up and back down

Discus and support Brightness randomly goes up and back down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! Since last weeks, my laptop has this weird issue: It's brightness goes up for a brief second, then goes back to normal settings. I don't think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexandruP, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Brightness randomly goes up and back down

Hello!

Since last weeks, my laptop has this weird issue:
    It's brightness goes up for a brief second, then goes back to normal settings.
    I don't think it's hardware because none of my laptop's wires get touched.

How can i find out if and which application changes my screen brightness programatically?

Thanks,
    Alex

:)

AlexandruP, Nov 23, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Nov 23, 2018
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Brightness randomly goes up and back down

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Brightness randomly goes up and back down

1. Brightness randomly goes up and back down - Similar Threads - Brightness randomly goes

2. Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down: I got a tower case and 4 case fans installed. One in the front to suck in air, one one the floor to push air up, one large one on the side to pull in air and one on the back to push out hot air. I recently did a clean install and had a few freezing problems that was fixed by...
  3. Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down: I got a tower case and 4 case fans installed. One in the front to suck in air, one one the floor to push air up, one large one on the side to pull in air and one on the back to push out hot air. I recently did a clean install and had a few freezing problems that was fixed by...
  4. Case fans speed randomly goes up and goes down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My sound randomly goes up and down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound randomly goes up and down: My sound randomly goes up and down and my videos randomly pause and un pause. If it helps, I have a surface go.Thx<original title - [What] is happening> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-randomly-goes-up-and-down/c4e1bf02-6e95-4f42-a2a8-fd7b9706e715
  6. My sound randomly goes up and down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My sound randomly goes up and down: My sound randomly goes up and down and my videos randomly pause and un pause. If it helps, I have a surface go.Thx<original title - [What] is happening> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-randomly-goes-up-and-down/c4e1bf02-6e95-4f42-a2a8-fd7b9706e715
  7. Pc randomly goes shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc randomly goes shuts down: Hi so recently i have been having this problem where my screen might just go black and stays like that for awhile till it shuts itself off or return to normal. I checked my reliability history only to find out i have hardware errors most of the time where this happens. Help...
  8. Brightness Goes Up to 100 Randomly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Goes Up to 100 Randomly: Hi, all. On my new Lenovo Legion 7 running latest version of Windows 10x64 PRO I'm facing an weird issue. Occasionally, and mostly after the screen goes off, but not only then, it could also happen when browsing some pages, the brightness goes up to 100%, which is not very...
  9. Audio goes up and down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio goes up and down: My audio is constantly going up and down It does this on every single device that I use for sound. I have tried uninstalling each device along with checking all of the drivers. I Have tried troubleshooting and it didn't detect anything. I have also tried checking windows...
  10. my mic goes down then comes back up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mic goes down then comes back up: hello i've been having this issue where my mic goes low then comes back up when i'm recording and it not my mic because i've tried it with other mics and it's not my program because it's the same on other programs although when i record without my mic plugged in it works it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen brightness cycles up and down

2. window 10 keep beeping and brightness going up and down

3. screen brightness goes up and down

4. brightness suddenly goes up then back to normal