Windows 10: Brightness/Resolution Issue

Discus and support Brightness/Resolution Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My resolution was 1360x768, I raised it to 1920x1080, but it was way brighter than I was used to. I changed back to 1360x768, and my resolution was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Noodledood2257, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Brightness/Resolution Issue

My resolution was 1360x768, I raised it to 1920x1080, but it was way brighter than I was used to.

I changed back to 1360x768, and my resolution was back but it is still brighter than the sun.

How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/Noodledood2257
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Noodledood2257, Nov 21, 2020

2. Can't turn down brightness.

Hi Shaikot,

For us to isolate your concern and to provide you an accurate resolution in turning down the brightness of your device, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using a desktop or laptop?
    • Aside from the suggested resolution in this thread, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Brightness issues

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Brightness settings after upgrading to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• Click Apply. Click
      OK.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

Download and install drivers in Windows 8.1

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Brightness/Resolution Issue

brightness issue of my windows 10 pro

Hello Adityaattri,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Brightness/Resolution Issue

1. Brightness/Resolution Issue - Similar Threads - Brightness Resolution Issue

2. Brightness no longer changing and resolution is strange.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness no longer changing and resolution is strange.: Hey guys. This happened randomly today. First, I adjust my brightness with the keyboard. The bar brightness changes on-screen, but nothing actually happens with the brightness. I go into the display settings and change the brightness on the slider, but the brightness doesn't...
  3. Brightness no longer changing and resolution is strange.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness no longer changing and resolution is strange.: Hey guys. This happened randomly today. First, I adjust my brightness with the keyboard. The bar brightness changes on-screen, but nothing actually happens with the brightness. I go into the display settings and change the brightness on the slider, but the brightness doesn't...
  4. Resolution issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution issues.: thank you in advance for any help provided!!! Something happened with my surface laptop 4, where the resolution on some things is way too big. it isn't my actual resolution settings, and i have also tried to adjust the scaling, but it isn't helping. I think the cause may have...
  5. Resolution issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution issues.: thank you in advance for any help provided!!! Something happened with my surface laptop 4, where the resolution on some things is way too big. it isn't my actual resolution settings, and i have also tried to adjust the scaling, but it isn't helping. I think the cause may have...
  6. Resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution issues: Whenever I open a game that opens riot games' Riot client my resolution changes to 640x480. I have tried uninstalling my graphics drivers and the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-issues/5723dd11-eee3-4c3b-9590-fb2d918c2f42
  7. Resolution issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resolution issue: so i have windows 10 on my pc and i was just doing my normal work idk what happened but my display resolutions are pretty much screwed my monitor resolution is 1920 X 1080 and its recommended in the windows settings as well but it wont fit my screen its enlarged i did...
  8. Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution Issue: I have this problem on my pc where my resolution keeps changing automaticly and there isnt anything that I could do about. I tried everything like restalling drivers to updating them. I still fix this issue and I tried restarting my pc as well to see if that would have an...
  9. Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Issues: Hi There Over the weekend I bought a Lenovo U41 14" 256 SSD, 8GB RAM Laptop from John Lewis. I used to have a 3 15" HP Compaq. The lenovo came with Windows 8.1 and I upgraded to Windows 10. Its wonderfully fast and light weight. The problem I have is the resolution. It is...
  10. Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Issues: I have a GTX570 Phantom, and an LG E1911S-BN monitor. Recently, I started to have very weird resolution issues: while in some games, and all programs, everything runs fine at the monitor's resolution (1366x768, 60Hz), in certain games, upon selecting 1366x768 at full screen,...