Windows 10: Brightness scroll bar doesn't adjust the brightness of the screen.

Discus and support Brightness scroll bar doesn't adjust the brightness of the screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The software is windows 10. After the update, the brightness of my pc screen cannot be adjusted by the brightness scroll bar. I have tried other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by User156988, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Brightness scroll bar doesn't adjust the brightness of the screen.

The software is windows 10.

After the update, the brightness of my pc screen cannot be adjusted by the brightness scroll bar.

I have tried other methods such as adjustment through the power setting>advanced>display, however the brightness option is not there.

Restarting the computer does not resolve the issue either, disabling and enabling the hardware does not work either.

:)

User156988, Jun 25, 2020

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 25, 2020
  3. HOW TO ADJUST BRIGHTNESS OF THE SCREEN

I am not a computer user. Just purchased one HP Desktop before few days. I was adjusting brightness of the screen when brightness bar was appearing in display. I do not know what I changed. I am unable to get the Brightness Bar to adjust the screen
    brightness, Can someone help me?

SIDDAIAHSUDARSHAN, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Brightness scroll bar doesn't adjust the brightness of the screen.

how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Brightness scroll bar doesn't adjust the brightness of the screen.

1. Brightness scroll bar doesn't adjust the brightness of the screen. - Similar Threads - Brightness scroll bar

2. No Brightness adjust bar visible on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Brightness adjust bar visible on screen: My Windows 11 desktop is not giving the option to adjust brightness no slider is shown in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-brightness-adjust-bar-visible-on-screen/c5a966a2-d9d3-48d0-a330-e3eb97c689ef
  3. No Brightness adjust bar visible on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Brightness adjust bar visible on screen: My Windows 11 desktop is not giving the option to adjust brightness no slider is shown in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-brightness-adjust-bar-visible-on-screen/c5a966a2-d9d3-48d0-a330-e3eb97c689ef
  4. No Brightness adjust bar visible on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Brightness adjust bar visible on screen: My Windows 11 desktop is not giving the option to adjust brightness no slider is shown in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-brightness-adjust-bar-visible-on-screen/70c03558-6943-4434-8eb9-3f25d3563e63
  5. No Brightness adjust bar visible on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Brightness adjust bar visible on screen: My Windows 11 desktop is not giving the option to adjust brightness no slider is shown in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-brightness-adjust-bar-visible-on-screen/70c03558-6943-4434-8eb9-3f25d3563e63
  6. No screen brightness adjust.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No screen brightness adjust.: Ok so I have two AOC 24G2 monitors, and I have downloaded the drivers from AOC and installed them. I have fully updated windows, mobo, and gpu drivers. And I have followed this entire guideline, and still have no brightness adjuster anywhere. For the power options I do not...
  7. Brightness bar scrolls but the brightness doesnt adjust

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness bar scrolls but the brightness doesnt adjust: I have a windows surface laptop. When I google brightness adjustment issues, it only shows resolution for when the brightness bar doesnt move or are disabled. My brightness bar slides up and down, corresponds woth the keys however the physical brightness of the computer does...
  8. Adjusting screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adjusting screen brightness.: Since I updated my laptop to the newest version of windows, I have found that I can't turn up/down the brightness. The brightness keys are not working, also in the notification panel there is no slider to adjust the brightness. Furthermore, the night light is also not...
  9. Screen brightness doesn't adjust

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen brightness doesn't adjust: I can't adjust screen brightness using settings or function keys on my Lenovo 80S laptop running Windows 10 - any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-brightness-doesnt-adjust/725af7ec-4695-4c3e-b288-2011bdaf139d
  10. Screen brightness adjustment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness adjustment: Facts: Windows 10, ASUS 430U. Recently my screen brightness can no longer be adjusted. Whether I go into settings or tap on my keyboard symbols or hit the screen brightness icon in notifications, the brightness does not adjust up or down. Called ASUS, they had me do a...