Windows 10: Brightness Setting Gone?

Discus and support Brightness Setting Gone? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I'm using an MSI GS63 Stealth and lately I am not able to adjust my brightness no matter what I do. I tried the keyboard and nothing. The option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrynRivenes, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Brightness Setting Gone?

So I'm using an MSI GS63 Stealth and lately I am not able to adjust my brightness no matter what I do. I tried the keyboard and nothing. The option doesn't even appear in my taskbar, notification window, or in settings. Even when I click on my battery in my taskbar, the option for battery safer is greyed out and I can not click it. It's like my computer forgot how to change brightness. Restarting/updating my computer has not changed anything.

All of my drivers appear to be up to date but I feel like one of these might be the problem? PLEASE help. I like to use my computer at night and my eyes are burning.

:)

BrynRivenes, Mar 25, 2020
  2. WELZ Win User

Brightness adjustment gone

I have a W10 all-in-one desktop that I use, I used to have a little brightness button in the action center where I could adjust the brightness. (I could also right click and manually adjust a slider in settings)

I opened my computer and noticed that it was stuck at a specific brightness (even if it said 25% or 100% it didn't actually change the brightness)

So I restarted my computer and to my astonishment - it's gone!

Gone, meaning there is no way for me to change my brightness now.

Did some new update happen? This was never an issue before.

I just noticed that my Night Light button is greyed out:

Brightness Setting Gone? IXXKH.png

And the settings for it are greyed out as well:

Brightness Setting Gone? fDLL6.png

I assume they are related.

3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Brightness Setting Gone?

Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Brightness Setting Gone?

1. Brightness Setting Gone? - Similar Threads - Brightness Setting Gone

2. Brightness icon gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness icon gone: My brightness icon is now appearing when I adjust my brightness. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-icon-gone/09123662-7bf9-484e-8303-6d21a546135b
  3. Windows brightness slider is gone. Can not see it in setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows brightness slider is gone. Can not see it in setting: Hello, Currently I have seen that my brightness slider is gone from the settings and ease of access even with the shortcut it is not working. I have tried everything from changing the drivers to going to previous driver update but to no use. Can anybody help me how to get...
  4. Brightness Settings

Brightness Settings: Help! I accidentally turned my brightness all the way down and can't fix it! I tried turning my computer off and on, even restarting it! Now I'm logged out of my account on my computer, and can't see ANYTHING! I'm urgently writing this on my phone, but please help me!...
  5. No Brightness Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Brightness Settings: I am unable to change the brightness on my laptop. in the notifications tab there is no brightness slider and in settings there is no brightness option anywhere. im on windows 10...
  6. brightness setting

brightness setting: why cant i change my brightness? i've updated all the drivers i needed, but still can't change it. my eyes hurts. help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-setting/8ee09dd0-8047-421a-9a71-c8dbd744f86d
  7. Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone

Adaptive Display Brightness Setting Gone: Hello, I have a Windows Surface Pro 6. The latest Windows 10 update eliminated the Advanced Power Setting option to disable adaptive display brightness. How do I turn off the feature? I don't want my screen to auto-dim/brighten. Thanks - JRR...
  8. Brightness Settings

Brightness Settings: Hi, I had updated my windows 10 a few weeks back to version 1809 and i had this brightness settings which showed the options "darkest, darker, suggested, brighter, brightest". All of a sudden now it is back to the old percentages settings and it is showing the options as...
  9. Power plan brightness setting gone in Windows 10 1809

Power plan brightness setting gone in Windows 10 1809: Hi, I have three notebooks with Windows 1809(one upgraded from 1803 and two clean installs). In previous versions we would have "Adjust plan brightness" option in Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Power Options->Edit Plan Settings. The brightness you adjust by hot...
  10. Brightness control gone

Brightness control gone: Yesterday I was able to change my brightness. However, today the brightness scale has disappeared completely. I go on to settings and display and the slider is gone. Can anyone help?...