Windows 10: Brightness settings useless, screen dark with a black band, how do I fix this?

Discus and support Brightness settings useless, screen dark with a black band, how do I fix this? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am ashamed to admit that I was desperate enough to believe in an advertised scheme for one of the driver updaters while looking for a solution to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IMBruno, Jul 3, 2019.

1. IMBruno Win User

Brightness settings useless, screen dark with a black band, how do I fix this?

I am ashamed to admit that I was desperate enough to believe in an advertised scheme for one of the driver updaters while looking for a solution to an issue I have involving connecting to the primary DNS server (this may be another question in the future). I updated my drivers through it (Tweakbit) and restarted my computer. Now my screen is incredibly dark with a darker vertical band just off centered on my screen. I his the brightness buttons, and no matter what the screen does not change. I even lowered the brightness settings, and there was no darkening - it is as if there is an overlay I cannot get rid of.

I have uninstalled the offending software. What further steps should I take to fix this and maybe undo the damage I may have caused?

:)

IMBruno, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Dadicator Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Laptop or Desktop (Very important) Windows 10 build 14.586 has a very annoying BUG: That causes Black Screen after login:
    To date there is no cure until Microsoft send Update to fix the problem: OK here goes: When you Login and the Screen Goes Black ==>
    Go to your Function Keys for Screen Brightness Chose to Lighten the Screen (This will make the screen Bright) so that you can view it.
    The BUG is that they reversed (via Software) what the Brightness button does -- So it is currently reversed -- "Lighten" makes it Dark -- "Darken" makes it Bright ==> Go figure Microsoft screw the pooch on this one. . . .

This is for LAPTOP -- I have never seen this on Desktops but they are fixed rather than adjustable

Dadicator, Jul 3, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Brightness settings useless, screen dark with a black band, how do I fix this?

Dark screen when brightness below 62%

Why I can't setting my brightness below 62%? when it below 62% the screen turn dark, when i increase the brightness into 62% the screen is alive again.

Nanda Prakoso, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Brightness settings useless, screen dark with a black band, how do I fix this?

1. Brightness settings useless, screen dark with a black band, how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Brightness settings useless

2. How do I fix a black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a black screen?: My computer suddenly went black out of no where, but the power button light is still on. When I tried to turn the computer off then back on, it won’t turn off. I thought maybe plugging the charger in would help, but when I did the charger light didn’t turn on to indicate it...
  3. How do I fix a black screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix a black screen?: My computer suddenly went black out of no where, but the power button light is still on. When I tried to turn the computer off then back on, it won’t turn off. I thought maybe plugging the charger in would help, but when I did the charger light didn’t turn on to indicate it...
  4. How do I fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix black screen with cursor: It suddenly happened it was fine yesterday as soon as I open it this morning it stopped working submitted by /u/pinoynamatalino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/maeiml/how_do_i_fix_black_screen_with_cursor/
  5. How do i fix a black screen?

How do i fix a black screen?: So i turned on my computer, it brings me to a black screen with a cursor. if i give it some time it brings up the first page to go to sign in, but it looks weird. it has poor quality and says “Windows sign-in”. if i click anything at all, it brings me straight to the black...
  6. How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix title bars not changing to dark mode setting?: Hey there. I am hoping someone will be able to help with this. I have been having this issue ever since dark mode came out, but am finally getting around to trying to fix it. Basically some program's title bars change with dark mode and some don't. I have tried resetting the...
  7. How do I fix this black screen?

How do I fix this black screen?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flash050562ndacc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoe1bg/how_do_i_fix_this_black_screen/
  8. How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix the black blinking screen of death?: Okay, so I've had this Acer laptop for a good few years, always worked fine, but a few months ago, it's started doing something strange. During start up, the computer acts completely fine, but the moment I log in and reach the desktop, it starts randomly going black for...
  9. How do I change screen brightness?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change screen brightness?: I have Windows 10 v 1903, desktop pc. I've gone into Settings > Display, but there is no setting/slide bar as some instruction on line show to adjust screen brightness. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I've also gone into I use the night light setting already but I'd like it...
  10. How do I change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I change screen brightness: Win 10 ver 1803 Build 17134.441 Screen is way too bright for my eyes. I tried but unable to find the tutorial on how to change screen brightness. It's not in Power Options, nor in Action Center, nor anywhere from Settings. Will someone please give me the link to it ? Thank...