Windows 10: Brightness shoots to max and not going down after wake from sleep win 10

Discus and support Brightness shoots to max and not going down after wake from sleep win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop. Recently i observed that my system after waking from sleep the screen brightness is maxed , but changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Geo Jackson, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Brightness shoots to max and not going down after wake from sleep win 10

I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop. Recently i observed that my system after waking from sleep the screen brightness is maxed , but changing the brightness slider is not bringing the brightness down. It changes only after restart. Sometimes i have to restart twice. Mostly it is happening when i am watching a movie or some app open in the desktop and if it goes sleep. Any suggestions.

:)

Geo Jackson, Jul 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness is going down and the brightness slider can't change

my computer (windows 10) after waking from sleep mode, the screen brightness is going to down to 0%
    Yes, brightness slider can move from 0% to 100% but the screen brightness is stack on 0%.

and it's very annoying, when I always must to restart the computer again to fix it...

how to fix this problem,..can someone help me?

BiyonicPrabhita, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Heshie75v Win User
    PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down.
    I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Brightness shoots to max and not going down after wake from sleep win 10

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Brightness shoots to max and not going down after wake from sleep win 10

1. Brightness shoots to max and not going down after wake from sleep win 10 - Similar Threads - Brightness shoots max

2. Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness automatically going down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness automatically going down: Hello,My Laptop[Windows 10] After waking up from sleep mode or hibernate Mode, the screen brightness is Automatically going to down to 0%I should manually increase the brightness every time.I uninstalled the display drivers and reinstalled it, I completely reset my PC but...
  3. Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness automatically going down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness automatically going down: Hello,My Laptop[Windows 10] After waking up from sleep mode or hibernate Mode, the screen brightness is Automatically going to down to 0%I should manually increase the brightness every time.I uninstalled the display drivers and reinstalled it, I completely reset my PC but...
  4. Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness automatically going down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep

Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep: I have a laptop, built for me, running windows 10. This issue comes and goes, but it has happened five or six times in the last three days. After sleeping the laptop, upon waking opening the lid the fan whirs and then the whole machine shuts down. Usually it is fine after...
  6. Windows 10 brightness wrong after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 brightness wrong after waking from sleep: I had to repost this even though there are 50 other threads already locked on the same subject. I found a solution: 1. throw the microsoft garbage in the ocean 2. use something else 3. advise your companies and clients not to spend any money on garbage microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness is going down and the brightness...

Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness is going down and the brightness...: my computer (windows 10) after waking from sleep mode, the screen brightness is going to down to 0% Yes, brightness slider can move from 0% to 100% but the screen brightness is stack on 0%. and it's very annoying, when I always must to restart the computer again to fix it......
  8. win 10 64 bit shuts down and restarts twice after waking from sleep

win 10 64 bit shuts down and restarts twice after waking from sleep: When waking from sleep, win 10 64 bit 1809 shuts down and restarts twice then does a cold boot, Why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-64-bit-shuts-down-and-restarts-twice-after/82a1e926-aded-41b9-9478-2459ccdb35c5
  9. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  10. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...