Windows 10: Brightness slider disappeared

Discus and support Brightness slider disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the last Windows Update 1909, the brightness slider disappeared. I can't adjust the brightness!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ., Mar 31, 2020.

1. .
    . Win User

Brightness slider disappeared

After the last Windows Update 1909, the brightness slider disappeared. I can't adjust the brightness!

:)

2. Zhao.Mz Win User

Screen brightness slider appear or disappear in Win 10

Hi .

I am UEFI firmware(BIOS) developer ,I got a issue about Screen brightness slider .

Description:

When installed prue OS , I check device Manager about "General PnP Monitor". I see it's Device stack have 'Driver\ACPI'. Then Screen brightness slider is appear , when don't have 'Driver\ACPI' Screen brightness slider disappear.

I want to know OS how to get flag about Screen brightness slider exist or not.

Thanks.

Zhao.Mz, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Select action center/notification button on the right side of the taskbar, and then move the
    Brightness slider to adjust the brightness. As mentioned in the article, if you
    don't have a desktop PC and the slider doesn't appear or work, try updating the display driver.
    As you have already update the Display drivers, I would suggest you to uninstall and delete the drivers then update it again. To uninstall and delete the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device Manager and then expand the Display adapters
      section.
    2. Then right click on options listed below and click on Uninstall.
    3. Check the box next to Delete this drivers.
    4. Then reboot your device and update the drivers. You can also try updating the Batteries drivers along with display drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 31, 2020
  4. fox-4x4 Win User

Windows 10 brightness slider?

not only 25% step is a problem. As in Windows 8.1 i need a slider to reduce brightness in my surface 3. It was very helpful when i take tablet at night after day use with 50% brightness. Now i must break my eyes when switching 50% to 75 then to 100. Please
    make back brightness slider (

fox-4x4, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Brightness slider disappeared - Similar Threads - Brightness slider disappeared

2. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  3. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  4. brightness slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness slider: brand new computor out of the box, tried to adjust the brightness slider and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/8e4678e2-5b2a-48e9-a419-4675e5262856
  5. The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.: I have a laptop, so it isn't a separate monitor. The slider was there before but is now gone. Using the keys doesn't work, and there's no way of adjusting the brightness in the Control Panel. I tried updating the display driver, but it appears to be up to date. Is there...
  6. Brightness sliders are disappeared

Brightness sliders are disappeared: Why Brightness sliders are disappeared after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-sliders-are-disappeared/cfc3ada5-8908-4697-b612-6666cfd13101
  7. brightness slider disappears on my pc

brightness slider disappears on my pc: I use an old Windows 10 PC for personal use banking, investing, shopping. Once or twice in the last year the screen went very dark and I couldn't find the brightness slider. It was difficult to use the PC as the screen was very dim. The buttons on the HP pc didn't work to...
  8. brightness slider

brightness slider: does the brightness slider in the notification box work for desktops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/3993d617-f404-4532-b90c-92941d26af92
  9. Sunlight Icon in Brightness Slider Disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sunlight Icon in Brightness Slider Disappeared!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Maddox_Mage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdbbkw/sunlight_icon_in_brightness_slider_disappeared/
  10. Brightness slider

Brightness slider: I have a brightness slider I the middle of my home screen - how do I remove this please? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/80e42558-aa32-41cf-8473-e928a2275ee0