Windows 10: Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan

Discus and support Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had my power settings to drop the brightness of my screen whenever my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 320) is unplugged from battery. Today it stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arvee 95, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Arvee 95 Win User

Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan

I've had my power settings to drop the brightness of my screen whenever my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 320) is unplugged from battery. Today it stopped doing so - I've had this issue before, normally at the same time as being unable to adjust the brightness (the keys work and change the % but the screen doesn't respond). A reboot fixes this.

However, now, I can adjust the brightness with no problems, but the change when plugged/unplugged has stopped happening. I went into power plan settings to adjust this and the brightness sliders are gone (see image below). There's no way for me to change my brightness on plan. I've checked for updates; laptop and graphics completely up to date. The sliders aren't there if I make a custom power plan, either. They're not in advanced settings. I'm running it all as administrator. I can't find an option in the Intel graphics settings. All the "solutions" I've found online say adjust via the sliders in power settings which just isn't possible. I haven't been in to power settings for a while so can't say if this has happened with a recent update, but the brightness was adjusting with plugged/unplugged until an hour ago.

Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan 50716b6a0efe6022fef5a93a5fe84763.png

:)

Arvee 95, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Arvee 95 Win User

I've had my power settings to drop the brightness of my screen whenever my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 320) is unplugged from battery. Today it stopped doing so - I've had this issue before, normally at the same time as being unable to adjust the brightness (the
    keys work and change the % but the screen doesn't respond). A reboot fixes this.

However, now, I can adjust the brightness with no problems, but the change when plugged/unplugged has stopped happening. I went into power plan settings to adjust this and the brightness sliders are gone (see image below). There's no way for me to change
    my brightness on plan. I've checked for updates; laptop and graphics completely up to date. The sliders aren't there if I make a custom power plan, either. They're not in advanced settings. I'm running it all as administrator. I can't find an option in the
    Intel graphics settings. All the "solutions" I've found online say adjust via the sliders in power settings which just isn't possible. I haven't been in to power settings for a while so can't say if this has happened with a recent update, but the brightness
    was adjusting with plugged/unplugged until an hour ago.

Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan 50716b6a0efe6022fef5a93a5fe84763.png

Arvee 95, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Select action center/notification button on the right side of the taskbar, and then move the
    Brightness slider to adjust the brightness. As mentioned in the article, if you
    don't have a desktop PC and the slider doesn't appear or work, try updating the display driver.
    As you have already update the Display drivers, I would suggest you to uninstall and delete the drivers then update it again. To uninstall and delete the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device Manager and then expand the Display adapters
      section.
    2. Then right click on options listed below and click on Uninstall.
    3. Check the box next to Delete this drivers.
    4. Then reboot your device and update the drivers. You can also try updating the Batteries drivers along with display drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Arvee 95 Win User

I have the slider to adjust my brightness. I can adjust brightness just fine. What I don't have is the option in Power Settings for it to adjust automatically depending on plugged/unplugged (see original image).

Reinstalling the drivers made no difference.

Arvee 95, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan - Similar Threads - Brightness Slider Gone

2. Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone: In windows 11 version KB5029263, it seems the brightness and volume slider bars disappear. Why? I mean, I can see the brightness slider in settings, and the little volume icon on the taskbar, and yes, while the brightness and volume does change, the popup sliders that I...
  3. Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone: In windows 11 version KB5029263, it seems the brightness and volume slider bars disappear. Why? I mean, I can see the brightness slider in settings, and the little volume icon on the taskbar, and yes, while the brightness and volume does change, the popup sliders that I...
  4. brightness slider gone from notifications area on windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness slider gone from notifications area on windows 11 update: I've just upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. My brightness slider, has gone from the windows notification pop up menu on the right side, which used to be there, in Windows 10. I need it accessible somewhere on the taskbar or desktop without going into a menu, to adject it...
  5. brightness slider gone from notifications area on windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brightness slider gone from notifications area on windows 11 update: I've just upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. My brightness slider, has gone from the windows notification pop up menu on the right side, which used to be there, in Windows 10. I need it accessible somewhere on the taskbar or desktop without going into a menu, to adject it...
  6. No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan: [ATTACH] Recently I attempted to turn off adaptive Brightness as It's a pain. My system Is fully up to date, and when I went to check not only is there no option to change to the power plan as seen below. There is no option to de-activate Adaptive brightness. I attempted...
  7. Where has the screen brightness slider gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where has the screen brightness slider gone: Windows 10 .Unable to adjust screen brightness. Used device manager which advises that a slider should be available in the Action Centre. Not there. Updated screen drivers to no effect. See that other have this problem. HELP, will need dark glasses soon....
  8. Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10

Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10: I found a similar problem from a year ago, but there was not a solution besides downloading an app. I really don't want to do this. A few weeks ago, my computer was forced to do an automatic update to windows 10. One of the many side effects with this latest update is the...
  9. Power plan brightness setting gone in Windows 10 1809

Power plan brightness setting gone in Windows 10 1809: Hi, I have three notebooks with Windows 1809(one upgraded from 1803 and two clean installs). In previous versions we would have "Adjust plan brightness" option in Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Power Options->Edit Plan Settings. The brightness you adjust by hot...
  10. Power Plan gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan gone: A few months ago I purchased a Teclast X98 Air 3G tablet. The tablet worked fine and the huge battery power was a breeze to work with. Always loaded to the full 100%, I could use the tablet for nearly 8 hours. Until 2 weeks ago, when Windows 10 installed an update. Now,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adjust plan brightness missing

2. cant adjust brightness windows 10 2019

3. windows 10 brightness slider gone