Windows 10: Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10

Discus and support Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found a similar problem from a year ago, but there was not a solution besides downloading an app. I really don't want to do this. A few weeks ago,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StillLearning2683, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10

I found a similar problem from a year ago, but there was not a solution besides downloading an app. I really don't want to do this.

A few weeks ago, my computer was forced to do an automatic update to windows 10. One of the many side effects with this latest update is the brightness slider disappeared from my taskbar. It used to sit happily within the battery life icon, but now it is no more.

What happened Microsoft? I would really like my screen brightness slider back.

I updated my display device driver and it made my icons fuzzy. Fixed that, but still no brightness slider. I don't have a "Roll Back" option under the driver unless it is hidden somewhere not easily reached.

Any thoughts on this?

:)

StillLearning2683, Dec 31, 2018

2. Brightness slider gone windows 10

Okay, so I always used to have the brightness slider on my computer. Im not an idiot, I know how brightness on the desktop and my screen both work- as I said it is IMPERATIVE that I can change my windows screen using the brightness slider.....

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    Yes the most recent update of windows 10 you guys have been sprouting

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    I dont know. Its custom made to my photography and it has not been a drama - EVER

• Which version/build of Windows 10 are you using?
    I assume the latest as I have had had 5 technicians stuff around with my computer with 5 hours last night and I STILL HAVE NO RESOLUTION

Joshua and JessicaFarmer, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Brightness slider gone windows 10

Hi,

You might not see the Change brightness slider on desktop computers that have an external monitor. To change the brightness on an external monitor, you have to use the buttons on it. For us to provide you the possible resolution and the
    accurate information as to why you're having the issue, answer the following questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which version/build of Windows 10 are you using?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Lizette Ags, Dec 31, 2018
  4. fox-4x4 Win User

Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10

Windows 10 brightness slider?

not only 25% step is a problem. As in Windows 8.1 i need a slider to reduce brightness in my surface 3. It was very helpful when i take tablet at night after day use with 50% brightness. Now i must break my eyes when switching 50% to 75 then to 100. Please
    make back brightness slider (

fox-4x4, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10

1. Brightness Slider Gone - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Brightness Slider Gone

2. Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone: In windows 11 version KB5029263, it seems the brightness and volume slider bars disappear. Why? I mean, I can see the brightness slider in settings, and the little volume icon on the taskbar, and yes, while the brightness and volume does change, the popup sliders that I...
  3. Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume and brightness sliders are visibility gone: In windows 11 version KB5029263, it seems the brightness and volume slider bars disappear. Why? I mean, I can see the brightness slider in settings, and the little volume icon on the taskbar, and yes, while the brightness and volume does change, the popup sliders that I...
  4. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  5. Windows brightness slider is gone. Can not see it in setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows brightness slider is gone. Can not see it in setting: Hello, Currently I have seen that my brightness slider is gone from the settings and ease of access even with the shortcut it is not working. I have tried everything from changing the drivers to going to previous driver update but to no use. Can anybody help me how to get...
  6. brightness slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness slider: brand new computor out of the box, tried to adjust the brightness slider and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/8e4678e2-5b2a-48e9-a419-4675e5262856
  7. Where has the screen brightness slider gone

Where has the screen brightness slider gone: Windows 10 .Unable to adjust screen brightness. Used device manager which advises that a slider should be available in the Action Centre. Not there. Updated screen drivers to no effect. See that other have this problem. HELP, will need dark glasses soon....
  8. brightness slider

brightness slider: does the brightness slider in the notification box work for desktops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/3993d617-f404-4532-b90c-92941d26af92
  9. Brightness slider

Brightness slider: I have a brightness slider I the middle of my home screen - how do I remove this please? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/80e42558-aa32-41cf-8473-e928a2275ee0
  10. Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan

Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan: I've had my power settings to drop the brightness of my screen whenever my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 320) is unplugged from battery. Today it stopped doing so - I've had this issue before, normally at the same time as being unable to adjust the brightness (the keys work and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my brightness slider is gone

2. brightness slider has gone?

3. bgrightness slider gone

4. screen brightness control missing,
  5. windows 10 1903 no brightness control in notifications