Windows 10: Brightness Slider Missing

Discus and support Brightness Slider Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG] Brightness slider disappeared windows 10 Home,1909 I did Graphic Drivers Updated went to action center used function keyUp, Down and display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ruwan madusanka, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Brightness Slider Missing

Brightness Slider Missing [​IMG]

Brightness slider disappeared windows 10 Home,1909

I did

Graphic Drivers Updated

went to action center

used function keyUp, Down and display off

but my problem not fix yet,

everywhere I found how to fix this...

Please Help Me!!!

:)

ruwan madusanka, Jun 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Screen brightness - Please bring the slider back

Hello Microsoft,

Please bring back the brightness slider and the volume sliders from the charms menu (slide from right). These were the features which were hugely useful and they are missing now. The stepped brightness setting is OK. But, we need the slider.

PareshBhagwatkar, Jun 26, 2020
  3. rlee123 Win User
    Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Jun 26, 2020
  4. VPET Win User

Brightness Slider Missing

1903 - Broke On Battery Brightness Adjustment (missing sliders)

Got 1903 installed and now missing both of those sliders

Brightness Slider Missing [​IMG]
    g

I can still adjust brightness for Plugged In mode in the notifications menu and general brightness menu, but there is no way to set it for the Battery mode, when the notebook is unplugged.

Worked fine with 1809 and 17XX (with registry hack as it used to have brightness stuck all the way up).

Any way around it? I heard there is a reg hack that can be used.
    Using older Mobile Intel 4 series express Chipset family driver from Microsoft corp WDDM 1.1.

Thanks for any input!

Thema:

Brightness Slider Missing

1. Brightness Slider Missing - Similar Threads - Brightness Slider Missing

2. MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!: Hello,I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for my pc on windows 11.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote:"I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me. Before...
  3. MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!: Hello,I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for my pc on windows 11.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote:"I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me. Before...
  4. Laptop missing brightness slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop missing brightness slider: Hello,I updated my laptop to win 11, and I don't have a brightness slider now. I cannot adjust my brightness at all. I cannot roll back driver in the display adapters, either. How to solve the problem?Best,Xinyu...
  5. Laptop missing brightness slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop missing brightness slider: Hello,I updated my laptop to win 11, and I don't have a brightness slider now. I cannot adjust my brightness at all. I cannot roll back driver in the display adapters, either. How to solve the problem?Best,Xinyu...
  6. Brightness Icon/ slider missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Icon/ slider missing: Hello, After the update, brightness slider is missing from taskbar and from display settings. I tried disabling/enabling, installing/uninstalling by going to Devices>Monitor, it shows Generic PnP monitor and driver provider is microsoft. I have absolutely zero clue how to fix...
  7. Brightness slider bar missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness slider bar missing: I've searched for answers to this problem, and they all say to update the driver. I've done that, and it's still missing. My sister's computer is also recently missing her slider bar for display brightness. Definitely seems to be tied to an update. It's starting to kill my...
  8. Brightness slider missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing.: I am using Windows 10 and my brightness slider suddenly disappeared. Also I can not adjust the display brightness from anywhere else not even the brightness function keys. I checked the Monitors and display adapters drivers and they are up to date. Any help? Thanks!...
  9. Brightness slider missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing: Got a new laptop only 5 days ago and windows auto-updated and now I can’t turn up the brightness past 25%. The keys won’t work and the slider is missing. Any fixes I’ve found from Microsoft won’t work, what the hell is going on? How do I fix this? Edit: it won’t detect the...
  10. Brightness slider in Action Center missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness slider in Action Center missing: I have installed the May Update, but I do not see the Brightness slider that is supposed to be a new feature in the Action Center. A search brought up old references to earlier versions and they required a bit of technical knowhow. Is it possible that the new...