Windows 10: brightness slider

Discus and support brightness slider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; does the brightness slider in the notification box work for desktops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobWood8, Mar 30, 2020.

1. BobWood8 Win User

brightness slider

does the brightness slider in the notification box work for desktops

:)

BobWood8, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Brightness Slider Gone from Power Plan

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Select action center/notification button on the right side of the taskbar, and then move the
    Brightness slider to adjust the brightness. As mentioned in the article, if you
    don't have a desktop PC and the slider doesn't appear or work, try updating the display driver.
    As you have already update the Display drivers, I would suggest you to uninstall and delete the drivers then update it again. To uninstall and delete the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device Manager and then expand the Display adapters
      section.
    2. Then right click on options listed below and click on Uninstall.
    3. Check the box next to Delete this drivers.
    4. Then reboot your device and update the drivers. You can also try updating the Batteries drivers along with display drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 30, 2020
  3. fox-4x4 Win User
    Windows 10 brightness slider?

not only 25% step is a problem. As in Windows 8.1 i need a slider to reduce brightness in my surface 3. It was very helpful when i take tablet at night after day use with 50% brightness. Now i must break my eyes when switching 50% to 75 then to 100. Please
    make back brightness slider (

fox-4x4, Mar 30, 2020
  4. brightness slider

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

brightness slider

1. brightness slider - Similar Threads - brightness slider

2. The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The brightness slider in the Action Center has disappeared. Can't adjust brightness at all.: I have a laptop, so it isn't a separate monitor. The slider was there before but is now gone. Using the keys doesn't work, and there's no way of adjusting the brightness in the Control Panel. I tried updating the display driver, but it appears to be up to date. Is there...
  3. I cannot interact with the brightness slider, the brightness buttons on my keyboard do not...

I cannot interact with the brightness slider, the brightness buttons on my keyboard do not...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Not_your_king [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzzkk1/i_cannot_interact_with_the_brightness_slider_the/
  4. Brightness slider missing.

Brightness slider missing.: I am using Windows 10 and my brightness slider suddenly disappeared. Also I can not adjust the display brightness from anywhere else not even the brightness function keys. I checked the Monitors and display adapters drivers and they are up to date. Any help? Thanks!...
  5. Brightness sliders are disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness sliders are disappeared: Why Brightness sliders are disappeared after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-sliders-are-disappeared/cfc3ada5-8908-4697-b612-6666cfd13101
  6. Where is the Brightness slider

Where is the Brightness slider: is this some kind of Joke? who the hell think of this concept of removing the slider? any legal reasons for some reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-brightness-slider/9aaabcfc-8741-43a4-b82b-39e13d469161
  7. How do I dim the brightness. I went to settings and display and there is no brightness slider.

How do I dim the brightness. I went to settings and display and there is no brightness slider.: dimming the brightness on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-dim-the-brightness-i-went-to-settings-and/6748c23a-9d20-4469-9044-d4795597c681
  8. No brightness adjust slider on laptop

No brightness adjust slider on laptop: So it's a weird one. Ideally I'd like to fix this. Things to know: The laptop had a screen replacement. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T450 Windows 10 Version 2004 Bought off eBay I bought it as a laptop for university and discovered that the brightness was stuck at 100%. When i...
  9. Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider)

Extremely laggy brightness control (except built in windows slider): Hi all, I got an Acer Nitro 5 recently and the brightness control is *extremely* laggy when using the keys or a third party software brightness slider (I have it to control my external monitor but it also works for internal). It takes over 10 seconds to get from max to min...
  10. Unable to enable brightness slider

Unable to enable brightness slider: I've got an HP laptop that I usually keep closed but hooked up to a 32" monitor. Obviously, when open I can use the function keys to adjust the brightness, but I can't find a way when closed and hooked up to the monitor. There's a slider that's supposed to be in either the...