Windows 10: brightness stuck at 0% black screen!

Discus and support brightness stuck at 0% black screen! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 0% brightness on my laptop means a completely black screen, i accidentally set it to 0% yesterday and can't figure out how to reset it.. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joner131, Sep 26, 2018.

1. joner131 Win User

brightness stuck at 0% black screen!

0% brightness on my laptop means a completely black screen, i accidentally set it to 0% yesterday and can't figure out how to reset it..

I have tried updating graphics drivers in safe mode, but upon restarting it just remembers the previous brightness setting and reverts back to 0%

I have also tried booting in low resolution mode, also just shows a black screen.

I could spend buy a HDMI cable and use my TV as a second monitor to fix the issue, but I don't have the money!

:)

joner131, Sep 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 starts with screen brightness at 0% (black screen)

Hello, after i upgraded windows 10, when i start the laptop, the screen is black, then i have to increase brightness to see the lock screen image. Sometimes at 100% Brightness the screen is black, then sometimes at 0% is black. Quite confusing .

Anyone had the same issue?

Thanks

alexcerescu, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Brightness Stuck at Either 100% or 0% in Windows 10.

This issue
    has been posted about before.
    I am having the same issue, but have noticed that my brightness is stuck at 100% or 0%. It seems to stay wherever it was set when it rebooted. I am about to see if it stays at 50%

I have tried:

• reinstalling (deleting the driver files) the video driver.
    • Setting the brightness to 0 & rebooting

Durham Bell, Sep 26, 2018
  4. brightness stuck at 0% black screen!

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

brightness stuck at 0% black screen!

1. brightness stuck at 0% black screen! - Similar Threads - brightness stuck black

2. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    brightness stuck at 0: Laptop model: Hp pavillion 15 eh1009ur.the problem is when my laptop is sleeping or turned off and i turn it back on the brightness is stuck at 0 i went into settings and changed it to 100 and the screen is still dark like 0 so i dont know whats wrong and my friend also had...
  3. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness stuck at 0: Laptop model: Hp pavillion 15 eh1009ur.the problem is when my laptop is sleeping or turned off and i turn it back on the brightness is stuck at 0 i went into settings and changed it to 100 and the screen is still dark like 0 so i dont know whats wrong and my friend also had...
  4. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. screen brightness stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen brightness stuck: I can't change my screen brightness either from the settings or the fn keys. Also, tried the steps given to go to device manager -- display drivers -- I don't see "display drivers" on the list.......
  6. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brightness stuck at 0: For some reason my brightness dropped to zero and when i try to change, it brightens for half a second or so and goes back to 0 Anyone have an idea how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-stuck-at-0/0111641b-e177-47af-ab09-a5ac40ffa0a1
  7. Stuck with 0% brightness on my macbook pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck with 0% brightness on my macbook pro: I stuck with 0% brightness on my macbook pro using windows in it. Now display is all black, need to adjust brightness through keyboard. But I dnt think keyboard is effectively working. Please suggest Its Really Urgent....
  8. Screen too bright even at 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen too bright even at 0: After the most recent windows update, my screen is way too bright, even with brightness set to 0. I'm very light sensitive, and have had a difficult time doing anything on this computer, even in dark mode. Is there some way to turn everything down even farther? I can't keep...
  9. Brightness stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness stuck at 0%: so the new windows update came out and they remove the brightness changing button when u click on the battery icon on the bottom right cornor and the issue is when my laptop sleeps and i turn it back on the brightness stucks at 0, i went to the settings and changed it to 100...
  10. brightness stuck at 0% black screen!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    brightness stuck at 0% black screen!: 0% brightness on my laptop means a completely black screen, i accidentally set it to 0% yesterday and can't figure out how to reset it.. I have tried updating graphics drivers in safe mode, but upon restarting it just remembers the previous brightness setting and reverts...