Windows 10: Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work

Discus and support Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The brightness tile in the action center simply says "Brightness" instead of the current percentage brightness and tapping it has no effect on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by i-am-andrew, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work

The brightness tile in the action center simply says "Brightness" instead of the current percentage brightness and tapping it has no effect on the screen brightness.

Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work 4c849f00-70d1-4062-99b8-ac9ddfe57fa5?upload=true.png

Immediately after a reboot the brightness tile works but once the machine has slept the tile fails to function again. I have also noticed that the colour profile tile fails in the same way. I have a Surface Pro 6. This problem started with the Windows 10 1809 update.

Here are my brightness settings:

Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work 572ff12a-25a0-4043-a436-eb3fa4b7ddda?upload=true.png

:)

i-am-andrew, Feb 6, 2019

2. Missing brightness Icon in the windows 10 action center.

My monitor was working fine when I went into Device Manager. Other alternatives would be nice to resolve the missing brightness tile from my action center.

rdwoutlook, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Kirby M Win User
    No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update

I get a brightness button in action center just like this pic which doesn't show the percentage and although it's clickable nothing happens, however i can use the slider in display settings and also adjust the brightness via function key but the onscreen brightness button in action center is not working from today, what's happening?

Kirby M, Feb 6, 2019
  4. John Lou Win User

Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work

Windows 10 Action Center Brightness Button not working

I'm not sure if this is the right community to ask about this, so if there's somewhere else I should be, let me know please.

Until today, my brightness could be toggled using the action center (the 0%, 25%, 50%, etc.) However, today when I press the button, no action is conducted. I can change the brightness via other methods, but not through the action center. I tried restarting explorer, but it didn't work. Is there a fix?

Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work tyf3u.png

John Lou, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work

1. Brightness Tile in Action Center does not Work - Similar Threads - Brightness Tile Action

2. Action center & notifications does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center & notifications does not work: I stopped getting notifications and found out Action Center isnt working either. When I click the AC button, all I see is a rectangle box in the bottom right.I've tried SFC, DISM fix, Powershell re-register, etc. Any other ideas are appreciated.Bob...
  3. Customizing Action center tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Customizing Action center tiles: Is there any way to customize the action center tiles? Any third-party software to add custom tiles? I really like the action center but the tiles are very limited in number and I'm willing to add more tiles like microphone switch and so on. If anything exists that can help...
  4. Brightness slider in action center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness slider in action center: I keep windows 10 up to date but the action center des not show the brightness slider. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider-in-action-center/e902ce98-698a-4463-a59c-046c2e0508bf
  5. Brightness slider in Action Center missing

Brightness slider in Action Center missing: I have installed the May Update, but I do not see the Brightness slider that is supposed to be a new feature in the Action Center. A search brought up old references to earlier versions and they required a bit of technical knowhow. Is it possible that the new...
  6. Brightness slider in Action Center and settings

Brightness slider in Action Center and settings: Why is there no Brightness Slider in the action center when the upgrade to version 1903 clearly says that there is a slider there? The brightness settings on my screen are awkward so I would prefer to just take the user friendly option that 1903 is advocating. I can't see...
  7. brightness not showing in action center

brightness not showing in action center: Hi I recently update my windows x_64 Pro to the latest 1903. but I can't change the screen brightness since it's not available in action center as you can see in the picture bellow [ATTACH] In system panel I can see Change Screen Brightness. but when I click the text it...
  8. Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.

in Browsers and Email
    Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.: Hi, I have tried to find help at three other places, but found the Tenforums to try again. My problem isn't that big of a deal, but Notifications doesn't work for my emails. I may get a notification from Windows, Skype, Cortana or Microsoft and whoever. I have tried sfc...
  9. Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center Notifications does not work for emails.: Hi, I have tried to find help at three other places, but found the Tenforums to try again. My problem isn't that big of a deal, but Notifications doesn't work for my emails. I may get a notification from Windows, Skype, Cortana or Microsoft and whoever. I have tried sfc...
  10. Bluetooth Tile Present - Action Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Tile Present - Action Center: I'm not sure if this is the right place or if it should possible be network related... but for some reason, the "Bluetooth" tile is back in my Action Center, but I have zero Bluetooth devices on or installed. It was there after the latest build 10586, then I think the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness tile

2. windows 10 action centre brightness tile

3. action centre has no brightness slider