Windows 10: Brightness toggle doesn't work

Discus and support Brightness toggle doesn't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Ever since I have updated my new laptop (ASUS Zenbook UX430UN) to 1809 from 1803, my brightness toggle doesn't appear to function properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jaimewu, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Jaimewu Win User

Brightness toggle doesn't work

Hi all,

Ever since I have updated my new laptop (ASUS Zenbook UX430UN) to 1809 from 1803, my brightness toggle doesn't appear to function properly. So far I have noticed that the toggle would work after a restart and will continue to work as long as the laptop doesn't get go into sleep mode. If it does, then once I begin to use the laptop again, the brightness toggle will not change the brightness of the screen.

I have tried going into device manager --> display adapter --> and updating the drivers but there seems to be no avail. Furthermore, the only temporary fix I found online is to disable and reenable Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, which is a pain to always have to do. So is there any fixes for this? If it is a bug from updating windows, would a reset of the PC fix it?

:)

Jaimewu, Mar 18, 2019
  2. joelshort Win User

Brightness Toggle

In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the toggle options or to at least add a 0% for screen brightness to that toggle?

joelshort, Mar 18, 2019
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Mar 18, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Brightness toggle doesn't work - Similar Threads - Brightness toggle doesn't

2. brightness key doesn't working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness key doesn't working after update: I updated my Windows 11 Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5027231, but since I updated, the brightness button in my laptop is not working. Please suggest best option to resolve this issue....
  3. brightness key doesn't working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brightness key doesn't working after update: I updated my Windows 11 Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5027231, but since I updated, the brightness button in my laptop is not working. Please suggest best option to resolve this issue....
  4. Brightness doesn't work Windows 11, PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness doesn't work Windows 11, PC: So my brightness doesn't work. By this I mean my F5 and F6 buttons don't work. I went to settings and below brightness & color in the display settings, and there is no slider for the brightness. Yes, I tried searching things up and it still doesn't work. Please help as soon...
  5. Display Brightness toggle is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Brightness toggle is not working: I have been having this problem for a couple of days. The toggle which helps in changing the brightness doesn't work. whether it is a zero or at 100 it remains the same. I suspect it may be because of a update. Windows update: Intel Corporation - Extension -...
  6. Brightness doesn't work anyway

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness doesn't work anyway: I've got HP 2 in 1 computer which has abrightness slider, but when I drag it hereand nothing happens there. I tried a lot of fixes but still no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-doesnt-work-anyway/b4928d9d-e730-4af6-bbb4-eca774d85d38
  7. Brightness slider doesn't change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness slider doesn't change brightness: Hello after the recent windows update, my brightness slider is not working anymore. Changing the brightness level in the slider doesn't have any effect on the brightness. I tried restoring my plan settings from mobility center and that increased the brightness levelI dont...
  8. alt tab doesn't toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab doesn't toggle: Never had this issue: when i alt tab to something, it doesn't toggle. Or clicking on icon on taskbar doesn't bring that up. While start menu experience host is running. Also when i bring up pop out window from chrome and want alt tab back to main window - main window isn't...
  9. Brightness Toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness Toggle: In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the toggle options or to at least add a 0% for screen brightness to that toggle? 15613
  10. Toggle "Location for this device" doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Toggle "Location for this device" doesn't work: Hi all, I just recently discovered this problem on my Win10Pro x64 PC. Location stopped working for some reason (I noticed because Night Light stopped functioning at the correct times - sunset / sunrise). In the Location area of Settings -> Privacy, I press the button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows brightness toggle doesnt change brightness

2. i cant toggle my laptops brightness on windows 10 pro