Windows 10: Brightness will not change

Discus and support Brightness will not change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I recently did a full reset of my PC and reinstalled windows to remove a bunch of loose solidworks files. After my reset I deleted the old windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alexjohnson_480, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Brightness will not change

So I recently did a full reset of my PC and reinstalled windows to remove a bunch of loose solidworks files. After my reset I deleted the old windows by using the cleanup hard drive option. Everything is working fine however I cannot change my screen brightness now. I have tried updating the display adapters and the monitor drivers (I also deleted the hidden monitor drivers.) I have also enabled Generic PnP monitor. In addition I have tried enabling and disabling adaptive brightness and changing the dimmed display and display brightness.

Nothing seems to be working and I was wondering if anyone has fixed a problem like this. I am currently doing a system scan using sfc /scannow but i dont know if that will fix anything.

Any advice will help. Thanks

:)

alexjohnson_480, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Oct 21, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Brightness will not change

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Brightness will not change

1. Brightness will not change - Similar Threads - Brightness change

2. Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...: The slider is not showing, if i go to the settings i change it there is not any change in the screen, i reinstall the drivers but it doesnt seems to make any difference....
  3. Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...: The slider is not showing, if i go to the settings i change it there is not any change in the screen, i reinstall the drivers but it doesnt seems to make any difference....
  4. My screen brightness is not changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen brightness is not changing: my laptop is HP omen en0001axI uninstalled recent updates as my windows were up to date.I even rolled back ,updated display adapter drivers and tried installing the latest update too. Nothing really worked. Plz help...
  5. My screen brightness is not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen brightness is not changing: my laptop is HP omen en0001axI uninstalled recent updates as my windows were up to date.I even rolled back ,updated display adapter drivers and tried installing the latest update too. Nothing really worked. Plz help...
  6. My screen brightness is not changing

7. my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?: recently my screen brightness started changing randomly while i'm playing games i tried it with multiple games and it's all the same, however, it happens much less when i'm in the browser. it changes about every 20 seconds, it goes from super dark to brighter than i knew my...
  8. my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?

my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?: recently my screen brightness started changing randomly while i'm playing games i tried it with multiple games and it's all the same, however, it happens much less when i'm in the browser. it changes about every 20 seconds, it goes from super dark to brighter than i knew my...
  9. my screen brightness keeps changing; how do i stop it from doing so?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop

Changing contrast and brightness for a laptop: I have bought an acer nitro v15 for my brother and its a good device but most importantly the screen looked amazing, so we bought another one but the contrast is extremely low, and there is no way I could find for a way to change the contrast and brightness from the OS, in...