Windows 10: brightness

Discus and support brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I adjust my brightness?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidMillet1, Sep 8, 2018.

1. DavidMillet1 Win User

brightness

how do I adjust my brightness?

:)

DavidMillet1, Sep 8, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Gerard Qui Win User
    screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Michael Gall Win User

brightness

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

brightness

1. brightness - Similar Threads - brightness

2. how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings: how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-down-brightness-on-acer-monitor-no/be9375ed-e975-4b2c-877d-af10db54de46
  3. My brightness buttons won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My brightness buttons won't work: I have the newest version of the Surface Pro and the blue-ish keyboard that attaches to it. Earlier this morning the brightness buttons on the keyboard worked perfectly. However, now they won't work. I can go into settings and manually change the brightness, but it is very...
  4. Brightness adjust stopped working

Brightness adjust stopped working: I cannot adjust brightness on my PC. At first when I restart my PC, it works. But when I wake it from the sleeping mode, it isn’t working. I have all the graphic drivers installed. and turned off the auto brightness. I reckon this issue started from the last Windows update....
  5. Brightness control not working

Brightness control not working: I am unable to lower brightness in my newly purchased laptop. I have tried updating display adapters and installing MS Basic Display Adapter but no use. Brightness cannot be changed through any setting or fn keys. Model: Asus ROG GU501GM...
  6. Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically

Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically: I have recently obtained a new EliteDesk G1 with Windows 10 Pro on the latest update and for some damn reason, the display changes the brightness depending on the application/game that is being displayed. If I show a dark image the screen turns dark and if I use a show a...
  7. changing brightness with keyboard

changing brightness with keyboard: I could change my screen brightness with simply pressing f3 & f4 . my volume control button f5, f6,f7 still works but the brightness have to change from the settings....
  8. How to get Windows 10 to control brightness of EXTERNAL Monitor connected to laptop computer

How to get Windows 10 to control brightness of EXTERNAL Monitor connected to laptop computer: My SP3 (Windows 10, i5 4300) is always connected to an external monitor through the mini dp with an HDMI adaptor and cable to the monitor(s) but the brightness setting from Windows itself can't control the brightness of external monitor(s) for instance, when i slide the...
  9. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness not working or turning off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness not working or turning off: [ATTACH] If Adaptive Brightness is not working or turning off on your Windows 10, I am sure that something in this post will help you fix the issue. Adaptive Brightness helps you get the brightness automatically based on the light around [...] This post Windows 10 Adaptive...
  10. Can't adjust screen brightness

Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi, I can't seem to adjust the screen brightness either through the keyboard shortcuts or the brightness bar in settings. My Windows 10 is up to date and I've tried updating the Microsoft basic adapter display driver. Is there anything else I can try?...