Windows 10: Bring back inplace upgrades in Windows 10 like it worked in Windows XP please

Discus and support Bring back inplace upgrades in Windows 10 like it worked in Windows XP please in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've received a laptop today for repair, it bluescreen'd while doing an upgrade from version 1903 to 2004. After the bluescreen restart it had an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IgnaHeyns1, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Bring back inplace upgrades in Windows 10 like it worked in Windows XP please

I've received a laptop today for repair, it bluescreen'd while doing an upgrade from version 1903 to 2004. After the bluescreen restart it had an issue with loading the Winload.efi file.

Now, I'm pretty sure an inplace upgrade will solve this issue, as it's only related to the boot enviroment, however the only way to do an inplace upgrade is to actually be able to boot into Windows.

If you boot from the USB drive into setup and choose "Upgrade" it only tells you to run it from within Windows, which in most cases is not possible.

Just fix the upgrade option when booting from a USB drive and all will be fine....

Bring the feature back please.

Thank you.

:)

IgnaHeyns1, Jun 8, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Bring back inplace upgrades in Windows 10 like it worked in Windows XP please

windows 10

Windows 10 isnt realeased yet.

The beta lets you inplace upgrade or you can clean install from disk but its BETA any of it can change.

Solaris17, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Bring back inplace upgrades in Windows 10 like it worked in Windows XP please

1. Bring back inplace upgrades in Windows 10 like it worked in Windows XP please - Similar Threads - Bring inplace upgrades

2. How to bring back search filter like windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bring back search filter like windows 10: Hi, how can I enable back this feature ?The current update in windows 11 removed the blue color, also, I don't use the filter that are suggested, i don't really care about that part, only the search bar. here is the windows 10 exampleAlso, some past filters don't work...
  3. How to bring back search filter like windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bring back search filter like windows 10: Hi, how can I enable back this feature ?The current update in windows 11 removed the blue color, also, I don't use the filter that are suggested, i don't really care about that part, only the search bar. here is the windows 10 exampleAlso, some past filters don't work...
  4. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  5. Please bring back the Windows Mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please bring back the Windows Mobile: I am waiting for Windows 11 mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-bring-back-the-windows-mobile/efaf7a36-2789-44f3-88c8-dae1e50f91a6
  6. Windows inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows inplace upgrade: when doing an inplace upgrade ,will it move all my apps into one file or does my desktop and start menu stay the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-inplace-upgrade/0d185d82-6989-43e2-b128-0a923556d10e
  7. Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10

Inplace Upgrade Windows7 to Windows 10: HI All, I am facing an issue while using inplace upgrade Windows 7 to Windows10. Below is the Scenario After building the WDS server with the iso October 2019 Windows 10 we have launched a test on two PC PC1 --> 64 bit (domain-joined) - Upgraded to Win10 64-bit...
  8. Windows 10 inplace upgrade failing

Windows 10 inplace upgrade failing: Hello All, Im in the process of updating our win 7 machines to Win 10 using the media creation tool. For the most part im being successful. However, every now and then Im getting an error saying "This PC cant be upgraded to Windows 10". [ATTACH] Now I've had this on a...
  9. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please bring back Windows Vista or 7: Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo...
  10. Windows 10 Likely to Bring Tablet Users Back to PCs, IDC..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Likely to Bring Tablet Users Back to PCs, IDC..: Windows 10 is one of the most anticipated products not only by Microsoft and its customers but also by hardware manufacturers worldwide because the new OS is very likely to boost shipments of new devices when it becomes available. Analyst firm IDC says that Windows 10 is...