Windows 10: Bring Back WMM6 with 60 FPS output options

Discus and support Bring Back WMM6 with 60 FPS output options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Those of us who have done lots of fun video editing with Windows Movie Maker 6 know that it is the best User Interface ever created by Microsoft. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mousegolf, Jun 4, 2016.

1. mousegolf Win User

Bring Back WMM6 with 60 FPS output options

Those of us who have done lots of fun video editing with Windows Movie Maker 6 know that it is the best User Interface ever created by Microsoft. It also works well on Windows 10. A very fast installation into the Programs Folder. (64 bit version can still be downloaded - do a google search)

I would like to see Microsoft bring it back as "their" free download with some extra features. Mainly, the 60 FPS output file. I don't even care if they keep the final output file as a .WMV. Anyone can convert that file for other devices very easily.

My total wish list on this program is as follows: No need to upload directly to Video sites, save to PC only, 60 FPS rendering option, more/different transitions and special effects AND most importantly, keep the User Interface just as elogently simple and clean as it currently is.

Bring Back WMM6 with 60 FPS output options [​IMG]

:)

mousegolf, Jun 4, 2016

2. Q1. WMM6 Q2. Windows Live Mail 2009

I have scoured the Internet for instructions on how to render 60fps outputs on Windows Movie Maker 6. Nothing exists that will produce a 60fps video.

Does any expert with WMM6 know how to create a .PRX (Profile) or where to direct me to download 60fps .PRX for 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720 resolutions?

Please. No suggestions on other movie makers. I love Windows Movie Maker 6 but it is limited to 30FPS output files. PapaJohns does not have any information on this either. NOTE: I HATE Windows Live Movie maker 2012.

What do I have?

1. Windows 10 (plenty of hardware power)

2. WMM6 64Bit

3. Fraps

Goal. Produce videos with WWM6 that will render at 60FPS at YouTube or in a .WMV file.

Anything related to video inputs to WMM6 I am an expert with.

This is a screen captured video of Jack Nicklaus endorsed Perfect Golf, the newest PC/Console Golf Game on the market. I edited this with WMM6 64Bit and added music to the background. Crank it up to HD 720 or 1080 and it's beautiful. BUT. It could be even
    better at 60 frames per second.

JNPG: Five Sisters Golf Course

Super Tweaker, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Joshcub Win User
    Microsoft needs to mandate that all new apps be released with the mango update (fast app switching)

Multitasking, 60 fps (that can be optional)

Joshcub, Jun 4, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Jun 5, 2016
  5. mousegolf Win User
    mousegolf, Jun 9, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    There is a way to install WMM 6.0 into Windows 10.
    I am not sure it is permissible for me to post the link in this forum.
    So, you folks will have to google for it. It shouldn't be hard to find, if I could find it.
    When you start downloading you will receive a warning about the publisher of WMM 6.0 cannot be verified. I just clicked Run and continued.

Bring Back WMM6 with 60 FPS output options [​IMG]

davidhk, Jun 10, 2016
  7. mousegolf Win User
    Those of us who have WMM6 on Windows 10 or prior versions want someone who is a programmer to create a patch for WMM6 that will allow it to increase the output file from 30 FPS to 60 FPS. The 60 FPS is in pricey video editors and looks so much better in desktop game captured videos.

mousegolf, Jun 11, 2016
  8. mousegolf Win User

By the way, WMM6 is on plenty of trusted sites. Installing the 32 or 64 bit version is easy on Windows 10. Sure beats the hell out of Live Movie Maker 12 in terms of a friendly UI.

mousegolf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bring Back WMM6 with 60 FPS output options - Similar Threads - Bring WMM6 FPS

2. 60 fps capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  3. 60 fps capped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  4. 60 FPS CAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  5. 60 FPS CAP

60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  6. only 60 fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only 60 fps: fps are capped at 60 fps only i cant get more that 60 fps i turned off vsync in games and it still is capped at 60 fps on windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-60-fps/e312fb6f-3240-4fd6-8d0b-d415da006c47
  7. only 60 fps

only 60 fps: fps are capped at 60 fps only i cant get more that 60 fps i turned off vsync in games and it still is capped at 60 fps on windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-60-fps/e312fb6f-3240-4fd6-8d0b-d415da006c47
  8. Capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capped at 60 FPS: Hello so recently when I play Fortnite, I get 60 fps straight. I've tried changing the in game settings and all, but still, I get 59 -60 fps. Could it be a problem with Windows?...
  9. Capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Capped at 60 FPS: Hello so recently when I play Fortnite, I get 60 fps straight. I've tried changing the in game settings and all, but still, I get 59 -60 fps. Could it be a problem with Windows?...
  10. 60 Fps or more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 Fps or more: Hi so i play a game called krunker on my surface Pro 3 and i Get 60 fps for like to games and after like to games i get 20 fps and its really Annoying and Intel says they cant update my driver its a Intel® Core™ i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz so someone please help me...