Windows 10: Bring back Workgroup

Discus and support Bring back Workgroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 other PC's and now it keeps asking me for Workgroup credentials when I want to connect to them after the 1909 update. No matter what I try on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IRONLEAF, Dec 15, 2019.

1. IRONLEAF Win User

Bring back Workgroup

I have 2 other PC's and now it keeps asking me for Workgroup credentials when I want to connect to them after the 1909 update. No matter what I try on the other end nothing works. Why change something that was working flawlessly.

:)

IRONLEAF, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 15, 2019
  3. In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 15, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Bring back Workgroup

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Bring back Workgroup :p

cadaveca, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Bring back Workgroup

1. Bring back Workgroup - Similar Threads - Bring Workgroup

2. How to bring this feature from Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bring this feature from Windows 7?: How to bring the Action Center Windows 7 to Windows 10?This is what I am talking about: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bring-this-feature-from-windows-7/1f6b443c-1d9d-4b9f-8d4e-6f8af9874b60
  3. How to bring this feature from Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bring this feature from Windows 7?: How to bring the Action Center Windows 7 to Windows 10?This is what I am talking about: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bring-this-feature-from-windows-7/1f6b443c-1d9d-4b9f-8d4e-6f8af9874b60
  4. How to bring this feature from Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  6. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  7. could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate you copilot into himSent by you: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate copilot into him...
  8. could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot

could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and integrate copilot: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate you copilot into himSent by you: could it be possible that microsoft will bring back clippy and maybe integrate copilot into him...
  9. How to bring back indev search menu ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bring back indev search menu ?: I really want to how this menuinstead of this menuis there a way to get it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bring-back-indev-search-menu/af58010b-f687-4fbf-afa9-a2c7558af0cc
  10. MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOF: BRING BACK WORKGROUPS -- I cannot access my workgroup computer!: 10.10.2019 ======= Before Version 19.03 I could work access my workgroup computers. Then I recieved another update and, since then, I have no longer access to any workgroup computers. I have tried all of the tips shown internet on this problem (making sure auto...