Windows 10: Bringing 3D to everyone through open standards

Discus and support Bringing 3D to everyone through open standards in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this week, at the Microsoft Windows 10 Event, we shared our vision (read more about it from Terry Myerson and Megan Saunders) around 3D for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Bringing 3D to everyone through open standards

Source: Bringing 3D to everyone through open standards | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Oct 27, 2016

2. FBX Export not available

Hello everyone,

I'm running 3D Paint 3.1708.14027.0.

It's my first time of using Paint 3D. I want to bring a fbx 3D-model into the hololens.

When I try to export there is only the .glb and .3mf option available.

I saw some 3D Paint tutorial on youtube - the fbx option was available.

Is my 3D Paint version too "new" and the fbx support is gone? Or is my computer not supported?

Thanks for your help!!

Cheers

Nils

NilsHolographic, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Thanatica Win User
    Paint 3D cannot open STL files

Please update Paint 3D to be able to open STL files. View 3D *can* open them just fine.

When I open them in View 3D, and click the "Paint 3D" button, it gives this error message:

"We couldn't open Paint 3D. Wait a bit, then try again."

I did, and it keeps failing. So then, I manually go to Paint 3D, and open the file from there. In order to do that, I have to enter "*.*" as the filename, otherwise it won't pop up. The file types dropdown doesn't list STL files. But that's for good reason,
    apparently, because Paint 3D says:

"Paint 3D can't read this file. It may be invalid, or in a format that we don't currently support."

So, recap:

1) The file is completely valid, because View 3D can open it just fine

2) Why can Paint 3D not open a file, while View 3D can?

3) Please add this functionality to paint 3D. It's an industry standard file type for 3D models.

This is on Windows 10.0.15063.

Thanatica, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

Bringing 3D to everyone through open standards

1. Bringing 3D to everyone through open standards - Similar Threads - Bringing everyone through

2. understanding Community standards is not used for everyone the same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    understanding Community standards is not used for everyone the same: I am having trouble understanding community standards, why is it ok for some and not others, and when I went into chat, they totally blew me off with many excuses, MAGA are all stupid racists is totally wrong, while reading the replies to a post from your news about a...
  3. understanding Community standards is not used for everyone the same

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    understanding Community standards is not used for everyone the same: I am having trouble understanding community standards, why is it ok for some and not others, and when I went into chat, they totally blew me off with many excuses, MAGA are all stupid racists is totally wrong, while reading the replies to a post from your news about a...
  4. KB5026446 for Windows 11 brings new features, but not for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    KB5026446 for Windows 11 brings new features, but not for everyone: Microsoft has released an update for its Windows 11 operating system, KB5026446, a few hours ago. The preview update includes new features, courtesy of the third Moments update, and lots of fixes. Most new features appear to be locked, even after installation of the preview...
  5. Error opening Paint 3D through the Windows 11 "Open With" Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error opening Paint 3D through the Windows 11 "Open With" Context Menu: Every time I try to open an image through the context menu "Open With", windows gives an error of "No such interface supported" with the file path of the image....
  6. Error opening Paint 3D through the Windows 11 "Open With" Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error opening Paint 3D through the Windows 11 "Open With" Context Menu: Every time I try to open an image through the context menu "Open With", windows gives an error of "No such interface supported" with the file path of the image....
  7. Bringing WebVR to everyone with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing WebVR to everyone with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Last April, we introduced the WebVR 1.1 API in Microsoft Edge as part of the Windows Creators Update, providing a foundation for developers to create immersive virtual reality experiences with Windows Mixed Reality developer kits. We have been hard at work building on this...
  8. Introducing 3D for everyone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing 3D for everyone in Windows 10: Itc5ihHDAnY Today, we unveiled our vision for bringing 3D to everyone — making it easy to capture, create and share in 3D. With the Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft introduced Paint 3D — your 3D art studio in Windows — and the online community Remix 3D, connecting...
  9. Bringing Office to everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing Office to everyone: Today is the next step in bringing Office to everyone and on every device with the start of Office for Android tablet preview, new Office for iPhone apps, updated Office for iPad apps and more. Check out the Official Microsoft Blog for details on how we’re continuing to...
  10. The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

in Windows 10 News
    The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together: From email to Hangouts to a good ol' fashioned phone call, you've got a lot of options to get in touch with someone. But keeping all those options organized for all your contacts...well, it can be a pain, especially when you need to find that information in a hurry! So...