Windows 10: Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu

Discus and support Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I have a problem. I have installed Debian 10 on my computer as second OS next to my Win 10. After this the Debian was my default system to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by windower98, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu

Hi!
    I have a problem. I have installed Debian 10 on my computer as second OS next to my Win 10. After this the Debian was my default system to boot into, but I wanted my Windows as default, so I went on and made some modifications after tutorials that I can't remember, and now I couldn't boot into my windows. It disappeared from the bootloader (GRUB). Thanks for the help in advance! Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu :)

:)

windower98, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

3. Unable to see Dual Boot option

Hi David,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the OS to default and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the Boot tab.
    • Select the OS from the list and click on the Set as default.
    Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by J W Stuart on
    How to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 Preview.

How to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 Preview

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Ebmm Win User

Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu

Windows 10 boot menu

After reversing a dual boot with Linux I would like to discover how to bring the boot back to just booting into windows w/o a menu to choose from. Linux is completely removed including the boot entry in the EFI partition and is not in my BIOS anywhere. When I now boot I have the option of Win 10 or EFI IPv4. It's really no big deal but I would like to find out how to put it back to the way it was prior to the dual boot; with it just booting straight to Windows. If I want a menu, I'll get it the conventional way.

Any suggestions would be great! Thx

Thema:

Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu

1. Bringing back the Windows 10 option in the dual-boot menu - Similar Threads - Bringing option dual

2. Microsoft pre boot options - Bring back the tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft pre boot options - Bring back the tools: Once upon a time, a great company had a vision to put personal computing in the hands of millions of Americans. It also happened, the magical fairy king who made all things possible with the click click of <ENTER> had a semi-secret passage to the inner chambers of the magic...
  3. Microsoft pre boot options - Bring back the tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft pre boot options - Bring back the tools: Once upon a time, a great company had a vision to put personal computing in the hands of millions of Americans. It also happened, the magical fairy king who made all things possible with the click click of <ENTER> had a semi-secret passage to the inner chambers of the magic...
  4. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  5. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  6. Dual boot option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot option: Hello sir, i have a dual boot os on my windows 10 and i already delete the other one using msconfig option, Now i want to bring back the dual boot option again.. Is it possible?...
  7. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]: Good morning / evening everyone i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's that kali didn't appear in the dual boot menu , only windows 10 did , i solved this issue by booting into windows then going to...
  8. How to bring back Win 10 menu bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to bring back Win 10 menu bar: All of a sudden my WIN 10 menu bar file edit view etc disappeared and so did my bookmark bars. How do I bring them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bring-back-win-10-menu-bar/088373d2-b8fe-4cf3-b86b-78fdd53b4a3c
  9. Dual boot no option menu

Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...
  10. Dual Boot No Boot Menu

Dual Boot No Boot Menu: Ladies and Gentlemen I am in a new arena and need some help. I have been in the INI and BCD Arena but not the EFI MBR. I decided to go with a new motherboard and AMD RYZEN CPU. I set up the new system and moved my hard drives with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 8.1 Pro...