Windows 10: Bringing Windows Hello to any app

Discus and support Bringing Windows Hello to any app in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello On iOS you can request to bring up a Touch ID or Face ID for specific apps. Requiring to to go through another layer of identification before... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DHonig, Feb 24, 2019.

1. DHonig Win User

Bringing Windows Hello to any app

Hello

On iOS you can request to bring up a Touch ID or Face ID for specific apps. Requiring to to go through another layer of identification before accessing the app. Is there any way to do the same with Windows Hello? Have Windows Hello pop up when selecting the app (in my case, Chrome).

:)

DHonig, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Bringing Windows Hello to any app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Bringing Windows Hello to any app

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Bringing Windows Hello to any app

1. Bringing Windows Hello to any app - Similar Threads - Bringing Hello app

2. How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint: so i always had the fingerprint bit on my laptop Lenovo Ideapad suddenly which is today my laptop isnt letting me and this stupid Windows Hello thing came and said fingerprint isnt available anymore on this laptop. how do i get my fingerprint back...
  3. How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint: so i always had the fingerprint bit on my laptop Lenovo Ideapad suddenly which is today my laptop isnt letting me and this stupid Windows Hello thing came and said fingerprint isnt available anymore on this laptop. how do i get my fingerprint back...
  4. How to remove Windows Hello and bring back fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello on Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello on Apps: I have windows hello set up on my Inspiron 13 running windows 11 using the fingerprint sensor. I use my fingerprint to sign into things on chrome, but recently when I click on "use biometrics" and the windows hello popup comes up it asks for a hardware passkey which I have...
  6. Windows Hello on Apps

Windows Hello on Apps: I have windows hello set up on my Inspiron 13 running windows 11 using the fingerprint sensor. I use my fingerprint to sign into things on chrome, but recently when I click on "use biometrics" and the windows hello popup comes up it asks for a hardware passkey which I have...
  7. Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?: Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?What use is Windows Search if it can't actually help me find things? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-searching-for-windows-hello-not-bring-up/85160707-e80a-4a44-b4ef-a0aec8d5239f
  8. Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?

Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?: Why does searching for "Windows Hello" not bring up Windows hello?What use is Windows Search if it can't actually help me find things? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-searching-for-windows-hello-not-bring-up/85160707-e80a-4a44-b4ef-a0aec8d5239f
  9. Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello brings biometric security to Windows 10: While not yet present in the technical preview of Windows 10, a new feature called Windows Hello will bring biometric security to Windows 10 in a native format, essentially eliminating the need for passwords. Instead, you'll be able to log into your Windows device using your...
  10. Microsoft keyboard that brings Windows Hello to any Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft keyboard that brings Windows Hello to any Windows 10 PC: The Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID and Microsoft Modern Mouse are now available for sale for $129.99 and $49.99. YDpGtDzAw4I We’re excited to introduce you to the Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID, a premium quality keyboard that brings the...