Windows 10: Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model

Discus and support Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We have heard your feedback on the Skype 8 Presence model. We have seen two major feedback themes emerge – (a) My contacts don’t see me as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model

Source: Bringing you more control over your Skype status - Microsoft Community

:)

Brink, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Skype Preview - Presence changes based on your feedback

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Sep 20, 2018
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model

Skype for Windows 8 Unveiled

Skype announced Skype for Windows 8 today, bringing together popular Skype features and the new design of Windows 8.

The release focuses on delivering an experience that is simpler, faster and easier to use. Skype for Windows 8 includes top Skype features like IM, audio and video calls. It also takes advantage of some of the new features and functionality of Windows 8 that put people front and center; including integration in to the People Hub, ability to pin favorite contacts as a tile for easy access and the Skype Live Tile that shows messages and notifications right on the Start Screen.

Skype for Windows 8 will be available on October 26. You can find it on your new Windows 8 device and or download it from the Windows Store.

Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model skype_windows_8_01_thm.jpg

Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model skype_windows_8_02_thm.jpg

Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model skype_windows_8_03_thm.jpg

Cristian_25H, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model

1. Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model - Similar Threads - Bringing more control

2. Music over Skype call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music over Skype call: I have been having piano lessons over Skype for 18 months successfully. Last week on 9th November 2021 the class was abandoned. The connection was up, and voice fine but the piano sounded like poor electronic noises. A further attempt on the 12th was the same. It is the same...
  3. Skype Camera Controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Camera Controls: I haec Logitech HD Pro 920 camera. Using the Logitech App I can zoom etc and the image works fine. Using camera control settings in Skype, nothing changes. I have updated my Skype App home use. I use Windows 10 and Office 365. As a matter of fact I reloaded the software...
  4. YouTube gives you more control over your Homepage and Up Next videos

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube gives you more control over your Homepage and Up Next videos: Connecting our users with the content they love is important to us. We want to help viewers find new interests and passions — such as a new favorite artist, a new creator they can follow or simply the best food recipes. But there's one true expert in what you want to watch:...
  5. Your data controlled by you.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your data controlled by you.: For the past few days, every time I sign onto my PC, a window opens that says Your data controlled by you. It forces me then to choose between sending and not sending more data. I choose not and then exit. However, as I said, this happens every time I start my PC. Hw can...
  6. Microsoft’s Skype 8 is now rolling out to more users globally

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Skype 8 is now rolling out to more users globally: We had earlier reported that Microsoft will be ending support for its Classic Skype app on the desktop this fall. The company is now rolling out the new Skype version 8 to more users globally. The rollout was announced by Peter Skillman, Director of Design for Skype and...
  7. Microsoft shares more info on the update to Skype version 8

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shares more info on the update to Skype version 8: Hello, Skype community! We hope you're all enjoying the latest updates to Skype version 8 for desktop, mobile, and tablet devices. We wanted to share a few more details on the ongoing update to Skype version 8 to keep you up to speed on the latest info. Why update everyone...
  8. Get verified to manage your presence on Google

in Windows 10 News
    Get verified to manage your presence on Google: When you search for well-known people, organizations and things on Google, you’ll often come across a Knowledge Panel on the results page—a box with an overview of key information and links to resources to help you go deeper. Individuals and organizations with Knowledge...
  9. Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook: As part of Data Privacy Day, we’re introducing a new education campaign to help you understand how data is used on Facebook and how you can manage your own data. We’re also announcing plans to make your core privacy settings easier to find, and sharing our privacy principles...
  10. Skype Preview - Presence changes based on your feedback

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview - Presence changes based on your feedback: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] In the introduction of the next generation of Skype, we made some big changes to how you show and manage your presence (i.e. visual online status) to others. You responded loud and clear – you were not happy with the changes...