Windows 10: Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP

Discus and support Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Build 2016, we showed you how to use the Desktop App Converter to bring your existing desktop applications to the universal .appx packaging format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 16, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP

Source: Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, May 16, 2016

2. Please name some (ANY) professional-grade creative tools for UWP with as many options as on Dekstop.

Please name some (ANY) currently-existing (not hypothetical) professional-grade creative tools for UWP with as many options in the app as what one normally finds on Desktop apps.

Thanks.

And if you can't... then... how is UWP the future?

Kizzume Fowler, May 16, 2016
  3. uwp apps are future

I know some Devs leaving windows platform for android and ios and windows users are worried about it according to me uwp apps have a bright future for multiple reasons one the most important reason uwp apps runs on multiple devices from HoloLens,Xbox one,
    SurfaceBook,iot to potential upcoming Surface Phone it will bring all new and existing developer who now don't interested in uwp. Surface Phone and HoloLens will game be game changer for Microsoft and for uwp future. If any developer will see my post than
    plz hopeful for uwp and bring your apps to msft store. And about me i am waiting for Surface Phone and Andromeda OS i will be most happy when i hands on Surface Phone and i am currently having Lumia 950 using as my daily driver.

Syed Ali Zamin Shah, May 16, 2016
Thema:

Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP

1. Bringing your existing desktop apps to UWP - Similar Threads - Bringing existing desktop

2. UWP apps not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP apps not working: Hello, I am using a Surface Pro (2017) on the slow ring of Windows Insider. Over the couple last weeks, performance was so slow it began making the machine useless. I did a backup of all my files and decided to do a fresh install of Windows. To my surprise however, I was...
  3. UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UWP app shortcuts on desktop are super zoomed-out: I recently started using gamepass on PC and when I installed games from the windows store, the apps were displaying their icons correctly. But when i played with my desktop icon zoom, they started looking like this any the won't go back. Is there any way to fix this, or is it...
  4. Update UWP App

in Windows 10 Support
    Update UWP App: This may have come with a LastPass install, but not sure. When booting this console window opens labeled like Thread Title. Cannot find how it is opening. Task Scheduler and AutoRuns checked. Scratching ass at this point as I never heard about Universal Apps while searching....
  5. UWP Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP Apps not opening: Hello, I changed the permissions of the WindowsApps folder, as i was trying to edit some of the files, however now the apps will not open. I am sure that this is not due to me modifying any files. Is there a way to restore the permissions, or what permissions need to be...
  6. Choosing the path forward for existing desktop apps

in Windows 10 News
    Choosing the path forward for existing desktop apps: Continuing in our series on using the Desktop Bridge to bring your existing desktop apps to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), let’s follow up last month’s post on the path from a desktop app to a UWP app with more information on choosing the path forward. First of all,...
  7. The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

in Windows 10 News
    The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app: Last month, we provided an overview of the Desktop Bridge in this blog post. We are excited to announce that since then we’ve released a new version of the desktop app converter, adding support for great new features and fixing several issues to provide a more stable...
  8. Using speech in your UWP apps: It’s good to talk

in Windows 10 News
    Using speech in your UWP apps: It’s good to talk: As developers, we adapt as technologies move from the realm of Science Fiction into readily available SDKs. That’s certainly, or perhaps especially, true for speech technologies. In the past 5 years, devices have become more personal and demanding of new forms of interaction....
  9. Windows 10 Upcoming Sets Feature to Bring Tabs to UWP Apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Upcoming Sets Feature to Bring Tabs to UWP Apps: One of the biggest feature requests for Windows has been the ability to get tabs within apps like File Explorer. For years, Microsoft didn’t allow users to open up different tabs in File Explorer, but that could be changing soon. The company has been working on a new...
  10. The Lifecycle of a UWP App

in Windows 10 News
    The Lifecycle of a UWP App: Lifecycle management in a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app is critical for the efficient use of battery power and memory. When done correctly, it allows the user to multitask between apps without needing to know anything about these resource optimizations. Today’s post...