Windows 10: Brinks Tutorial Hidden Administrator follow up.

Discus and support Brinks Tutorial Hidden Administrator follow up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have been following Option 5 in Brink's tutorial on Enabling / Disabling Hidden Administrator Account. I have got to the point where I should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SeniorLearner, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Brinks Tutorial Hidden Administrator follow up.

Hi, I have been following Option 5 in Brink's tutorial on Enabling / Disabling Hidden Administrator Account. I have got to the point where I should be able to turn it on, but the options showing are different. Where do I go from here please? The following are the full details of all previous steps.

Windows 10 v1909 previously upgraded from v8.1
    HP Pavilion 23-h030a TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop
    Prod No: F7F26AA, Rel 4 Feb 2014, New Zealand
    MBoard: Lilium-G
    Chipset: Intel H87 - Intel Core i7 4770T
    Mem: 2 x DDR3-1600, 8GB
    Int Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 710A chip
    Int Audio: Realtek ALC3228
    Int Bluetooth: 4.0
    Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g/n single band 2.4Ghz
    LAN: Realtek RTL8151GH 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
    HD: 1 TB
    CD/DVD: SATA Slim Tray SuperMulti Burner
    Power Supply: 150W external (100V-240V) Output voltage 19.5V

Hi, You have already been a great help, but I have fallen at the last hurdle.

Background: We are in COVID-19 lockdown except for essential workers, essential services eg emergency services, food, petrol, power, internet and phone faults, couriers, online services, etc, and those who can work from home.

One of our care home helps (essential worker) went to use the computer, clicked on something and the computer wouldn't bring up her normal login screen. She was sure they had lost all their data. This included data from the wider family who copied data from their own PCs, onto this machine as a backup. When I started it up, it was obvious that Windows had done a refresh and had wiped all data. I used Recuva to recover all the data files. But every time I copied them over to the PC on the next boot, all had disappeared.

Now: Thanks to you I discovered that the machine was running on a temp user account, and was able to fix that from your notes and created a new user account in her name to copy the data into to test that the data was going to stay put on reboot. This worked perfectly, so I had intended to delete the old account. Unfortunately, I didn't realise that network discovery had been turned off. So I lost access to be able to login live. Windows is demanding the old password, but there are no other 'old' passwords to try.

I thought that if I set up the hidden Administrator account I would be able to turn on discovery to sort out the network issue, and then be able to login.

I have attached pix of the various hive screens. The one that you said to use, has a '15', not '10' or '11' showing. The others are a mixture of '10's and '11's and I don't know what they relate to. You will see that the user account name showing below in the pix is a partial of her name and is the old one that had the temp user issue, while the new one that I set up and logged in with is just her name and isn't showing in the list. Please can you advise what I need to do.

Very grateful for any help you can give.

Brinks Tutorial Hidden Administrator follow up. [​IMG]

:)

SeniorLearner, Apr 12, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 12, 2020
  3. 'Hidden Administrator' account asking for password.

We would like to clarify how did you enable the Hidden Administrator account. We suggest using the
    Local Security Policy to enable to hidden administrator in Windows 10. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type secpol.msc, and click on OK.
    • In the left pane, click on the Local Policies folder to expand it, and click on the
      Security Options folder.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click on
      Accounts: Administrator account status.
    • Select Enabled, and click on OK.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Brinks Tutorial Hidden Administrator follow up.

Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding the issue that you are experiencing with the hidden administrator account. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Why did you access the hidden administrator account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Why did you create a password for it?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Brinks Tutorial Hidden Administrator follow up.

1. Brinks Tutorial Hidden Administrator follow up. - Similar Threads - Brinks Tutorial Hidden

2. Follow up:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Follow up:: Hello,I wanted to let others know my experience with installing Windows 11 on a Dell T5810 Workstation. At first, I tried all of the suggestions, got TPM 2.0 installed, UEFI BIOS set, and secure boot start turned on, I also updated the registry and set it to unsupported mode....
  3. following a tutorial

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    following a tutorial: I am trying to follow a tutorial and was wondering if i needed to make the usb bootable to make it work https://youtu.be/rl6SeLSyztw the tutorial submitted by /u/RealToadPlayzYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ugukfs/following_a_tutorial/
  4. For Brink

in Windows 10 Support
    For Brink: How did this happen? https://www.tenforums.com/search.php...360&pp=&page=2 - 183331
  5. For Brink A Troubleshoot Toolbox?

in Windows 10 Support
    For Brink A Troubleshoot Toolbox?: Would it be possible for you to suggest,to your Microsoft contacts,the inclusion of a "Troubleshoot Toolbox"? Win 10 has many useful tools,found in the most extraordinary places,e.g. an Audio troubleshooter in "Update& Security",precisely where we ordinary users would not...
  6. Hidden Administrator - find

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden Administrator - find: I'm using Win10 My ex took my computer and did some internal damage. He isn't smart enough to do it himself and hired a computer geek. I have cleaned up many things. Now I'm stuck. I cannot download any files/software. I get a "failed - insufficient permissions" error...
  7. Followed this tutorial and my laptop won't turn on now.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Followed this tutorial and my laptop won't turn on now.: I just got a new Acer laptop and I was only getting 6.6 useable ram instead of the full 8gb so I followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYIvq6qoaCE my laptop won't come back on now and I get error messages bad system config info windows 10 submitted by...
  8. Disable Administrative Hidden Shares

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Administrative Hidden Shares: Administrative shares are hidden network shares that allow system administrators to have remote access to every disk volume on a network-connected system. These shares may not be permanently deleted but may be disabled. Windows users can use the net share command to view all...
  9. HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR

in Windows 10 Customization
    HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR: How to activate HIDDEN USER ADMINISTRATOR IN WINDOWS 10. why it is said can be activated but we should not do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-user-administrator/6bb7cf15-14ff-4605-9388-536fc66e8581
  10. Locked and hidden administrator.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked and hidden administrator.: Recently I had to make a change in my computer that required the Elevated Administrator account to be used. I finally figured out how to open that account, did my thing, shut down the Elevated Administrator account, and returned to my standard account. Then I discovered that...