Windows 10: Broadband Allowance being used in a matter of hours

Discus and support Broadband Allowance being used in a matter of hours in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We've switched off automatic updates at the moment and the other setting as shown by Bree is off. Neither of which has made any difference. Right. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by annheather, Oct 1, 2016.

1. flybynite Win User

Broadband Allowance being used in a matter of hours

Right. It was worth a try, but I expected as much. Why don't you save yourself time, and just reinstall. I really do think you have something going on there. A clean install will fix it.

flybynite, Oct 2, 2016

2. OP, do you use "cloud" services? Nighttime is when backups and other maintenance tasks are run.

Friend of Bill, Oct 2, 2016
  3. EdTittel Win User
    You might want to leave this tool running overnight and see what processes/programs are using the bandwidth: FreeMeter - download
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Broadband Allowance being used in a matter of hours

1. Broadband Allowance being used in a matter of hours - Similar Threads - Broadband Allowance being

2. pdf not being allowed to save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pdf not being allowed to save: Am not sure what happened overnight but when I scan from my HP scanner and my pdf shows up as "test today" which is what I named it in my documents folder when I open it the format and layout is totally different see attached. I can't save as as the save button is greyed out...
  3. pdf not being allowed to save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pdf not being allowed to save: Am not sure what happened overnight but when I scan from my HP scanner and my pdf shows up as "test today" which is what I named it in my documents folder when I open it the format and layout is totally different see attached. I can't save as as the save button is greyed out...
  4. Threat isn't being removed no matter what

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat isn't being removed no matter what: I tried removing it but it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-isnt-being-removed-no-matter-what/6b335345-b833-4327-867d-90fef155d3b7
  5. Threat isn't being removed no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat isn't being removed no matter what: I tried removing it but it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-isnt-being-removed-no-matter-what/6b335345-b833-4327-867d-90fef155d3b7
  6. Threat isn't being removed no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Broadband

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadband: Broadband is ok in safe mode but slow in normal mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broadband/6745881a-c3b5-4067-8668-268576418f02
  8. Time limit on Pc or allow pc to use for certain hours.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time limit on Pc or allow pc to use for certain hours.: HI. I am not sure if similar post exist b4. So my question is I want to set time or timer that Windows log out after few hours use of PC or set time like no use of pc more than 10 PM With admin access. I know that If I make standard or Kid account may do it. But I want it in...
  9. Updates and data reporting using Mobile Broadband

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates and data reporting using Mobile Broadband: Before I return to 10 home version (reverted back to 8.1 for a few months), there are a few issues I can see and experienced when using the new system which need to be clarified/fixed before I go back to 10. Whilst it is fine using my home landline network to update a...
  10. Single window being allowed

in Windows 10 Support
    Single window being allowed: Installed Windows 10 yesterday and things are just not right. I am unable to reduce window size. If I hit the reduction icon with window just goes away. I am also not able to have more than one window open at a time. Since my taskbar is also broken, I have to go back to start...