Windows 10: Broadband connection dialup

Discus and support Broadband connection dialup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Where does Windows store the network configuration? I'm particularly interested in the configuration of the broadband 'dialup' connection. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeventeSidó, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Broadband connection dialup

Hi.

Where does Windows store the network configuration? I'm particularly interested in the configuration of the broadband 'dialup' connection.

It does work properly but i would like to know the phone number it calls when i access the net. It is not required to enter the phone digits - only username/password.

Any help would be appreciated.

Levente Sidó

:)

LeventeSidó, Oct 25, 2020
  2. tron Win User

Auto Updates over a dialup connection

My sister lives back in the hills and does not have access to broadband. The best that she can have (and does have) is dialup. When she visits me, she will bring her computer and update Windows using my broadband connection. If she upgrades to Windows 10 Home, how is she suppose to get auto updates over a dialup phone line? The auto updates can be large and she would have to keep the dialup connection going for days. Is Microsoft forcing dialup users to remain on older Window versions?

3. Data trough 4G mobile broadband connection blocked when ethernet connected

Hi Robert,

It appears that Windows is managing your connection. It only allows you to connect to your mobile broadband connection if you're not connected to either Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. To work around this behavior, I suggest disabling this feature to allow
    you to manually connect to your cellular or mobile connection. Please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular.
    2. Uncheck the box for Let Windows manage this connection.
    3. Once done, try connecting manually to your mobile broadband while Ethernet is connected and see if it works.

For more information about mobile broadband connection, please check out,
    Cellular settings in Windows 10

Please update this thread with the result so I'll be able to assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Broadband connection dialup

How to conect 2 broadband connections to the server

Hi,

Right now i have one broadband connection to the server. However , I am facing problems due to regular internet disconnections. Now I am planing to connect one more broadband connection to the same server by using 2 gateway enable router. So that if one internet connection fails, second one automatically enables.

Is there any 2 gateway enable router... if yes, which is the best one ( company)....?
    Is this setup possible? If no, could someone please suggest....How can make it possible....

Praveenraju, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Broadband connection dialup

1. Broadband connection dialup - Similar Threads - Broadband connection dialup

2. Broadband Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadband Connectivity: Hi. I bought a refurbished computer. The CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz. I have connected an ethernet cable. I pay a lot of money for very fast broadband. My router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz. With the ethernet cable connection, my computer is only seeing the...
  3. Broadband Connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadband Connectivity: Hi. I bought a refurbished computer. The CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz. I have connected an ethernet cable. I pay a lot of money for very fast broadband. My router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz. With the ethernet cable connection, my computer is only seeing the...
  4. Broadband Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows 10 - Internet - dialup connection

windows 10 - Internet - dialup connection: 2021 July 12thHas anyone been able to setup a dialup connection in windows 10???I have used 3 different usb modems and two windows 10 pc's.the dialup connections starts the call, connects, but no traffic flows thru the connection....
  6. Windows 10 dialup connection

Windows 10 dialup connection: Have PC with Windows 10 OS and Zoom modem 3095, recommended by my dialup ISP. Can't connect to my dialup ISP, system goes through dial, authorization/connect steps, gives error 720. Modem saayys working properly but additional installation needed. What's problem, please? Jack...
  7. INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND

INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND: please help me i cannot connect to the internet using broadband wi fi i can help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-connection-broadband/843bc761-7151-4fa9-8dd9-6717f0d3db6f
  8. Broadband Connection

Broadband Connection: Microsoft have giving me a ref number, put me through to technical department three times each time i was eventually cut off without speaking to anyone. I have made two call back later times and no one has called. So I still have no broadband connection....
  9. Mobile broadband connection

Mobile broadband connection: Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because Windows saw it as a drive. I now need to be able to use the Mobile link in order to set my connection to metered so that I...
  10. Can't Connect To Broadband Connection

Can't Connect To Broadband Connection: Can't connect to broadband connection The Modem (or other connecting devices) has reported an error While I troubleshooted in network and sharing center I got There might be a problem with the driver for the Ethernet adapter And There mimight be a problem with the...