Windows 10: Broadband Connectivity

Discus and support Broadband Connectivity in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I bought a refurbished computer. The CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz. I have connected an ethernet cable. I pay a lot of money... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by appollonius, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Broadband Connectivity

Hi. I bought a refurbished computer. The CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz. I have connected an ethernet cable. I pay a lot of money for very fast broadband. My router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz. With the ethernet cable connection, my computer is only seeing the 2.4GHz band, but not the 5GHz band. Why might that be?

:)

appollonius, Oct 1, 2022

2. Data trough 4G mobile broadband connection blocked when ethernet connected

Hi Robert,

It appears that Windows is managing your connection. It only allows you to connect to your mobile broadband connection if you're not connected to either Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. To work around this behavior, I suggest disabling this feature to allow
    you to manually connect to your cellular or mobile connection. Please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular.
    2. Uncheck the box for Let Windows manage this connection.
    3. Once done, try connecting manually to your mobile broadband while Ethernet is connected and see if it works.

For more information about mobile broadband connection, please check out,
    Cellular settings in Windows 10

Please update this thread with the result so I'll be able to assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 1, 2022
  3. How to conect 2 broadband connections to the server

Hi,

Right now i have one broadband connection to the server. However , I am facing problems due to regular internet disconnections. Now I am planing to connect one more broadband connection to the same server by using 2 gateway enable router. So that if one internet connection fails, second one automatically enables.

Is there any 2 gateway enable router... if yes, which is the best one ( company)....?
    Is this setup possible? If no, could someone please suggest....How can make it possible....

Praveenraju, Oct 1, 2022
  4. jcaswell Win User

Broadband Connectivity

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Broadband Connectivity

1. Broadband Connectivity - Similar Threads - Broadband Connectivity

2. How am I connected to internet without broadband or a Wi Fi device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I connected to internet without broadband or a Wi Fi device?: AT&T shut my internet service off on their side Sept 25. In the Settings menu it says I'm not connected to the internet. I don't have WiFi either. So how amI able to ask this question without some kind of device allowing me access to the internet...
  3. How am I connected to internet without broadband or a Wi Fi device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How am I connected to internet without broadband or a Wi Fi device?: AT&T shut my internet service off on their side Sept 25. In the Settings menu it says I'm not connected to the internet. I don't have WiFi either. So how amI able to ask this question without some kind of device allowing me access to the internet...
  4. How am I connected to internet without broadband or a Wi Fi device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Huawei mobile broadband connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huawei mobile broadband connection: I use windows 11 upgrading recently from windows 7.My only means of connection to internet is my usb router : huawei mobile broadband model E3216.Since my upgrade and my uploading of all recent updates suggested by the windows update, my USB doesn't connect to internet. It...
  6. Huawei mobile broadband connection

Huawei mobile broadband connection: I use windows 11 upgrading recently from windows 7.My only means of connection to internet is my usb router : huawei mobile broadband model E3216.Since my upgrade and my uploading of all recent updates suggested by the windows update, my USB doesn't connect to internet. It...
  7. Cannot set broadband connection to metered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set broadband connection to metered: For some reason when using my phone for cellular I cannot enable metered connection on it like I used to be able to in windows 10 I tried changing it in the registry and that did not work either. I'm quite frustrated because microsoft edge just HAD to update and ruin my day...
  8. Cannot set broadband connection to metered

Cannot set broadband connection to metered: For some reason when using my phone for cellular I cannot enable metered connection on it like I used to be able to in windows 10 I tried changing it in the registry and that did not work either. I'm quite frustrated because microsoft edge just HAD to update and ruin my day...
  9. your mobile broadband device was disconnected or has never been connected

your mobile broadband device was disconnected or has never been connected: After updating the Windows suddenly my cellular stopped, it cant connect anymore it says "Cant connect to this network. cellular data isn't working properly try again later"I tried to update drivers, rollback windows update, restart and unnistall the device, but it still do...
  10. your mobile broadband device was disconnected or has never been connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    your mobile broadband device was disconnected or has never been connected: After updating the Windows suddenly my cellular stopped, it cant connect anymore it says "Cant connect to this network. cellular data isn't working properly try again later"I tried to update drivers, rollback windows update, restart and unnistall the device, but it still do...