Windows 10: Broadcast via WIFI to sonos move

Discus and support Broadcast via WIFI to sonos move in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast via WIFI to my sonos move with it. airfoil for windows project stopped being supported. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Noah_dj, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Noah_dj Win User

Broadcast via WIFI to sonos move

Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast via WIFI to my sonos move with it. airfoil for windows project stopped being supported. Is there a recommended alternative for windows 10 that can broadcast via wifi to a sonos move?moderator: this is a new posting of a previously asked question. If you have issues with this duplicate then remove the previous posting.Cheers

:)

Noah_dj, Jun 19, 2021

2. Broadcasting same WiFi Network Name

Hello All,

I have UVerse with AT&T. The Uverse Residential Gateway (fancy word for Router) is installed in my office. The Gateway has ports for ethernet and also provides WiFi. My living room is on the opposite side of the house and the WiFi was not good so I ran an ethernet cable through the ceiling and I placed a Netgear Nighthawk EX7000. The Netgear is acting as an Access Point whereby it provides WiFi access to devices in my living room. I also connect my TV, Receiver and Sonos to the ethernet ports on the Netgear.

The Netgear broadcasts a WiFi network as does the Uverse Gateway. As I move between the office and the living room, I manually switch from the Uverse Gateway WiFi to the Netgear WiFi. Is there a way to get around this? Can I set up the Netgear to broadcast the same WiFi network as the Uverse Gateway so I don't have to change WiFi networks as I move around the house?

Thanks, Bill

- - - Updated - - -

As another question.....

In the documentation for the Netgear, I just found the following:

Note: In access point mode, you can connect your computer or WiFi device to the extender only using a WiFi connection.

To me this means that I cannot connect wired devices to the Netgear when it is in Access Point mode which it is. As I said, I am connecting my TV, Receiver and SONOS to ethernet ports on the Netgear. The setup works but according to the documentation it should not or am mis-interpreting the documentation?

bpatters69, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    windows broadcasting

Hi ToddBrooks,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• How are you broadcasting?
    • Are you receiving any error code along with the error message?
    • Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

You can check if the Broadcast option is enabled under Settings. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Gaming > Click on
      Game bar.
    3. In the right pane, turn on the slider under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar”.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on ‘Why
    can't I broadcast my game?
    andplease provide a screenshot of the window, so that we can have a better understanding on this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

If you need further assistance, please respond to the above questions, so that we can narrow down the issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 19, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Firewalls and access to Sonos

Hi Barbara

Set the connection to Private network:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu

Go to Network and Internet

On the left, select the appropriate connection - WiFI or Wired

Select the name of your network on the right side

Click the switch for “Find devices and content” to turn it on and make this connection “Private”.

Close the Settings App

Allow Sonos through the firewall:

Open Control Panel - Windows Firewall

On the left, click 'Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall

Click 'Change Settings'

Make sure that the Sonos Controller is listed and allowed for “Private” networks.

If you do not see Sonos listed, click 'Allow another app' and browse to the Sonos application.

Click “Add” and “OK” to save your changes

Close Control Panel

DaveM121, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Broadcast via WIFI to sonos move - Similar Threads - Broadcast via WIFI

2. Broadcast via wifi to sonos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadcast via wifi to sonos: Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast via WIFI to my sonos move. Airfoil for windows project stopped being supported.Is there a recommended alternative for windows 10 that can broadcast via WIFI to a sonos move?Cheers...
  3. Broadcast to sonos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadcast to sonos: Hi there,I have airfoil for my mac and can broadcast to my sonos move with it. airfoil for windows project stopped being supported.Is there a recommended alternative for windows 10 that can broadcast to a sonos move?Cheers...
  4. Do routers lose wifi broadcast range?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do routers lose wifi broadcast range?: Hi guys. My router is located in my conservatory, built onto the side of my house. Effectively, this was outside the house before I built it. For the past 3 years it has supplied my conservatory PC, printer, scanner and the main lounge TV perfectly well. It has also supplied...
  5. Broadcasting same WiFi Network Name

Broadcasting same WiFi Network Name: Hello All, I have UVerse with AT&T. The Uverse Residential Gateway (fancy word for Router) is installed in my office. The Gateway has ports for ethernet and also provides WiFi. My living room is on the opposite side of the house and the WiFi was not good so I ran an ethernet...
  6. Sonos won't connect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sonos won't connect: I just transitioned to a new desktop and my new system won't let my Sonos system connect to it. It worked well on the old PC, but not on the new one. Both old and new use Windows 10....
  7. Sonos Speakers

Sonos Speakers: I have 2 Sonos Play1 speakers on my local network. Both are shown as available but when selected under "Cast to device" when trying to play music stored on the hard drive all I get is a "Unexpected device error" message. The speakers work fine through the Spotify app both on...
  8. Wifi broadcasting

Wifi broadcasting: People have been telling me that my pc is broadcasting some kind of connection while the hotspot option is turned off "DIRECT-GC<desktop name>msWF". this has become at times really annoying....
  9. Can't broadcast via the game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't broadcast via the game bar: I've set up a mixer account and logged in with my microsoft account, which is the same account on my windows pc. So I wanted to configure the broadcast thing because it said I have to go on "broadcast now" to configure it, but when I click on it nothing happens. It opens a...
  10. Broadcasting

Broadcasting: Please recommend me a fix. When I try to record or broadcast, I always receive a message that cannot record/broadcast right now pleas try again later. Can I resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broadcasting/68f67f82-d4d9-4fcc-bf24-128c4e9f0325