Windows 10: Broadcom 802.11n for Windows 10

Discus and support Broadcom 802.11n for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Hopefully all are well and safe during these days. I have seen a few threads about this subject, but the responses usually recommend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BorgDr, Aug 3, 2020.

1. BorgDr Win User

Broadcom 802.11n for Windows 10

Hello everyone.

Hopefully all are well and safe during these days.

I have seen a few threads about this subject, but the responses usually recommend checking with the PC manufacturer for the drivers. However, my PC is a homemade one. Specifically, the main components are a Intel Core i7-8700k with an ASUS Z390 motherboard. Like others who have posted, I am using a Broadcom 802.11n BCM43xx1.0 in a PCI adapter.

Windows 10 does not seem to recognize this hardware, so I am unable to access internet using it. Plugging an ethernet cable is not feasible where this computer is located in the house.

The specific question is: where can I get drivers that are not specific to any particular make or model of PC?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BorgDr

:)

BorgDr, Aug 3, 2020

2. windows 10 getting frozen while using Microsoft provided Broadcom 802.11n network adapter

Yes, I red the link. Let me review each section of this tutorial

1) Step One: See Which Updates and Drivers Were Recently Installed:

I can see multiple updates installed but nothing relevant to Broadcom 802.11n. However, Let us assume somehow I figured out which update resulted in Broadcom 802.11n driver update. Lets go to Step 2.

2) Step Two: Uninstall the Problematic Update or Driver

First part of this step talks about uninstalling an entire windows update which I do not want to do. I only want to uninstall the Broadcom 802.11n driver update. Hence Let me move to second part of the Step 2.

Second part talks about rolling back the driver using device manager. I have already rolled back to manufacturers version as I mentioned in the original question. But , After sometime, It comes back to Microsoft version of driver.

3) Step Three: Prevent a Driver or Update From Being Installed from Windows Update

This tool only shows the list of pending Windows update. At first place, It does not show whether Broadcom 802.11n update is part of this package. Also, I do not want to block entire windows update. I want to restrict only this driver update.

4) Alternatively: Stop Windows 10 From Automatically Installing Updates (Not Recommended)

Of course, I do not want to do this.

Sorry If I missed anything in this tutorial. However, The link provided by Mr Andre Da Costa provided the exact steps to block only driver update which I have followed now. I hope it will prevent Microsoft to override manufacturer version of driver.

Thanks

Ramesh Vijayarangam, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Broadcom 802.11n network adapter error 48

Broadcom 802.11n network adapter error 48

ericZickgraf, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Broadcom 802.11n for Windows 10

Windows 10 hangs on startup by Broadcom 802.11n network adapter

after successfully upgrading windows 10 from 8.1 home edition, the Windows 10 hangs on startup by Broadcom 802.11n network adapter.....& shows a blue screen error. error code is "bcmwl63a.sys" please help me out ...how to sort out this bug ....

himanshuraj105, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Broadcom 802.11n for Windows 10

1. Broadcom 802.11n for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Broadcom 802 11n

2. Broadcom 802.11n not working code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broadcom 802.11n not working code 10: hi i have been struggling for months to get my Broadcom 802.11n network adapter to work, i have tried downgrading and upgrading the windows and driver even reinstallig the windows and driver. not even older versions of the driver is working i have tried troubleshooting the...
  3. Driver for Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Driver for Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet for Windows 10: Using Windows 10 Pro -- 20H2 OS Build 19042.685 I have an older PC HP Compac dc5700 Microtower running the above named version of Windows 10. I'm looking for the correct updated driver for the on-boardBroadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet driver that is compatible with my...
  4. Windows 10 and Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter broadcom bcmwl63a chipset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 and Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter broadcom bcmwl63a chipset: Had issues with broadcom bcmwl63a on Windows 10 as reported with many people The issue was after a successful connection to my network that the connection dropped and was not since able to reconnect.. tried everything from reset to reinstall etc everything here:...
  5. The Broadcom 802.11n Network Adaptor and Windows 10

The Broadcom 802.11n Network Adaptor and Windows 10: Hello Microsoft & Everybody, My laptop has the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adaptor, which according to Device Manager is working properly: [ATTACH] The driver version is 6.30.223.256: [ATTACH] The thing is whilst everything seems fine and in working order,I have never...
  6. Windows 10 and Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

Windows 10 and Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter: Hi, I've been having an issue with my laptop. It crashes twice, three times a day with a problem I posted below. I tried to rollback the driver, updated, rolled back a few more times, but nothing changed. My internet is online for hours and then it goes offline, so I have...
  7. broadcom abgn

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    broadcom abgn: Broadcom 802.11abgn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broadcom-abgn/99ea7337-4734-4091-99b1-2f06f76ce406
  8. DWA-123 11n Adapter not supported in windows 10

DWA-123 11n Adapter not supported in windows 10: i have a wireless adapter. name-DWA-123 11n Adapter. it's not supported in windows 10. what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwa-123-11n-adapter-not-supported-in-windows-10/8d0cd9d0-5a2c-4b94-a97e-811c4dbd1e97
  9. Broadcom/BSOD/Windows 10

Broadcom/BSOD/Windows 10: Googled around for a while on this. Cannot seem to figure it out. I cannot find the proper driver to update (which is what people seem to be saying everywhere?) but also noticing people saying Broadcom doesn't have a driver for Windows 10? Please help. Thanks! Dump file...
  10. Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter: hi, My asus t200 transformer book has the Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter. Recently, my PC started having serious issues with connecting to public wifi. Everytime I try, my PC says my wireless adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues, and...