Windows 10: Brodcom update is breaking my network connection. started this week. when I let the...

Discus and support Brodcom update is breaking my network connection. started this week. when I let the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 update is loading a Broadcom update 7.7.011 Making if very slow version deleting the update and the files clears up the connection. but as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TVGCharles, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Brodcom update is breaking my network connection. started this week. when I let the...

Win 10 update is loading a Broadcom update 7.7.011 Making if very slow version deleting the update and the files clears up the connection. but as soon as I turn on Win updates the same update comes right back in. Running Boot Camp with Win 10 instll on my Macbook pro. I can't go and unistall this update.

Error 11/17/2019 4:17:45 PM Kernel-PnP 411 None

EventData

DeviceInstanceId PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43A0&SUBSYS_0134106B&REV_03\80E600FFFF00000100
    DriverName oem16.inf
    ClassGuid {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    ServiceName BCM43XX
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters
    vwifibus
    Problem 0x15
    Status

:)

TVGCharles, Nov 17, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Brodcom update is breaking my network connection. started this week. when I let the...

Windows update breaks WIFI and LAN network connections

After applying the latest anniversary windows update my system loses all network access WIFI and LAN

The network connections page is empty! Totally stuck, luckily had a restore point which restores connectivity.

Observations

• WIFI card in device in device manager
    • Device working properly
    • Nothing in network center (should be)
    • Ipconfig /all shows my Wifi afapter but it says Media disonnected.
    • Ping always says Transmit failure
    • Device is Realtek and it had USB ports which still works
    • Restore to pre update fixes problem although Network still looks odd

Tried

• Restarting

Removing and reinstalling device
    • Disabling windows defender and firewall
    • NETSH ip reset etc
    • IPConfig /renew and IPConfig /release
    • Troubleshooting network problems - says could not fix try powering off etc.
    Other facts

• Win 8 box upgraded to win 10 and insider program
    • Had Malwarebytes installed, uninstall didnt help
    • Only way to fix is to restore back to before windows update

What the ****, its like being back in the old Win98 days! any suggestions?

Update: So had to resort to fully disabling Windows Update because it totally breaks the network on every auto update. Not ideal. I dont even know if it will let me re-install Windows 10 because I upgraded an old Windows 8 version using
    the Insider program.

I have 5 years of programs that I will lose either way so I guess I will just never be able to update W10.

tomdeloford, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Brodcom update is breaking my network connection. started this week. when I let the...

1. Brodcom update is breaking my network connection. started this week. when I let the... - Similar Threads - Brodcom update breaking

2. Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...: Kindly help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-where-when-i-connect-to-a-wifi/a37ad551-939a-4011-b0dd-3fab8d720e21
  3. Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a problem where when i connect to a wifi network from my pc, it lets me connect to...: Kindly help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-a-problem-where-when-i-connect-to-a-wifi/a37ad551-939a-4011-b0dd-3fab8d720e21
  4. Network Discovery breaks when I refresh Network folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Discovery breaks when I refresh Network folder...: My home private network is correctly configured. All the following items are defined:- Private network- File Share/Network Discovery is on- FDPH and FDRP services are running- SSDP and UPnP services are running- Firewall is configured to allow all the above service through-...
  5. Network Discovery breaks when I refresh Network folder...

Network Discovery breaks when I refresh Network folder...: My home private network is correctly configured. All the following items are defined:- Private network- File Share/Network Discovery is on- FDPH and FDRP services are running- SSDP and UPnP services are running- Firewall is configured to allow all the above service through-...
  6. Win10 update breaks my networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 update breaks my networking: I updated two nights ago and it has since caused my PCI networking to die.I have exhausted every tip and trick online from running cmd to enter 7 or so commands then restart, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, changing the cable, and lastly, contacting my ISP as I have...
  7. Win10 update breaks my networking

Win10 update breaks my networking: I updated two nights ago and it has since caused my PCI networking to die.I have exhausted every tip and trick online from running cmd to enter 7 or so commands then restart, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, changing the cable, and lastly, contacting my ISP as I have...
  8. Win10 update breaks my networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. "Let's connect you to a network" stuck after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Let's connect you to a network" stuck after update: Hi, after today's windows 10 update and reboot, the installation got stuck at the screen: "Let's connect you to a network", where my wifi appears as "turned off" and the options I get to turn it back on are: "manually", "in 1 hour" why not 1 minute??!!, etc. There is no...
  10. Updates breaking network connection & sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates breaking network connection & sound: I'm running Windows 10 Home, version 1803, build 17134523. The last 2 updates, KB4023057 and KB4100347, have both resulted in my having no network connection and no sound on my laptop after these updates have been installed on restart. I am able to repair both by running the...