Windows 10: Broderbund Printmaster platinum 18.1 .sig files not opening in program

Discus and support Broderbund Printmaster platinum 18.1 .sig files not opening in program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using PrintMaster for more than 30 years. I updated every time a new version came out. It is an awesome program. Broderbund used their own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by purplelover, May 4, 2021.

1. Broderbund Printmaster platinum 18.1 .sig files not opening in program

I have been using PrintMaster for more than 30 years. I updated every time a new version came out. It is an awesome program. Broderbund used their own file format called a .sig file. It would only open in PrintMaster. In 1998 they stopped supporting PrintMaster and made new programs. that wouldn' t open the PrintMaster Files. I had over 1,000 files then, now I have over 2500. Irreplaceable!! What is happening now is that I make a new file and save it. I made a few files this am. When i went to open them later it said "unable to read file. File type not supported." The files are still .sig files. I create cards using graphics for Nursing Homes, servicemen and women, meals , on wheels, etc. Now i can't open some of them. But others still open. Is there to get one of the computer Guru's to make something that would open my sig files or change them to .pngs or jpegs? I can't work with pdf's or svg's or eps etc. I am a simple crafter. I would PAY for this. I am afraid the program is corrupting and will cease to operate and I will lose my mind. I can'y imagine another simple program that would not cost a fortune and still use my file formats. I don't want to do video's, just make my cards and improve my photo's. Is there ANYONE here that would consider helping me??? I can't lose all my cards, artwork, and work I have put into them. Running Windows 10 64bit

:)

purplelover, May 4, 2021

2. Broderbund Printmaster platinum 18.1 .sig files not opening in program

I have been using PrintMaster for more than 30 years. I updated every time a new version came out. It is an awesome program. Broderbund used their own file format called a .sig file. It would only open in PrintMaster. In 1998 they stopped supporting PrintMaster and made new programs. that wouldn' t open the PrintMaster Files. I had over 1,000 files then, now I have over 2500. Irreplaceable!! What is happening now is that I make a new file and save it. I made a few files this am. When i went to open them later it said "unable to read file. File type not supported." The files are still .sig files.
    I create cards using graphics for Nursing Homes, servicemen and women, meals , on wheels, etc. Now i can't open some of them. But others still open. Is there to get one of the computer Guru's to make something that would open my sig files or change them to .pngs or jpegs? I can't work with pdf's or svg's or eps etc. I am a simple crafter. I would PAY for this. I am afraid the program is corrupting and will cease to operate and I will lose my mind. I can'y imagine another simple program that would not cost a fortune and still use my file formats. I don't want to do video's, just make my cards and improve my photo's. Is there ANYONE here that would consider helping me??? I can't lose all my cards, artwork, and work I have put into them. Running Windows 10 64bit

purplelover, May 5, 2021
  3. Broderbund Printmaster platinum 18.1 .sig files not opening in program

I've never used PrintMaster so it's possible that someone else may be of more help than I, however, I'd like to understand a little bit more to se if this is something fairly simple that we can get around.

First, to help my understanding...

You note that they stopped supporting PrintMaster in 1998 but also noted that you created some new files just this AM. Are those new files created with an old copy of PrintMaster or with the new program? Since they are still .sig files, I assume that you still created this with PrintMaster, is that correct?

Next, what method did you use to try to open the .sig files? Did you simply double-click on one of these riles? If so, could you go into PrintMaster and see if "File", "Open" works? For clarification, typically, when you run a program, you will have menus from which you can select "File", then "Open", and then point the program to the specific file to open. I simply want to know if trying to open the file in that manner still generates an error.

Let's start with that.

hsehestedt, May 5, 2021
  4. Broderbund Printmaster platinum 18.1 .sig files not opening in program

Broderbund Printmaster platinum 18.1 .sig files not opening in program

Hello H, may I call you H?

After Broderbund stopped supporting PrintMaster in 1998 they develped new PtintMaster Programs . I bought one that was PM 10. nothing like my other program at all. So I kept using PM 18 till it started messing up and found a fresh copy someone had and I used it.When I bought my Lenovo in 2015 I told Best Buy if they couldn't install my PM I would not buy the Lenovo. They installed it.

The PM file is a blue ball I just click on it and it opens the program or opens in the program if already open. I did a right click on one today and it asked what I wanted to open it with. IE, EDGE, Chrome, all things I knew I knew would not open it. I would be happy to send some files if you wanted to try and open it. Can I do that on here? I even have like 10 copies of PM 17. You would have to do a work around to install on Windows 10 if you or anyone wanted to play with it.

Thanks for any help

purplelover, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Broderbund Printmaster platinum 18.1 .sig files not opening in program

1. Broderbund Printmaster platinum 18.1 .sig files not opening in program - Similar Threads - Broderbund Printmaster platinum

2. Sig-In Activity............

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sig-In Activity............: Hi,People from different countries and continents try to log into my Windows:What is the difference between tentative 1 and 2 circled in red?Thanks you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sig-in-activity/da939ea3-08bf-4c1c-b98e-35cce7e5e57e
  3. Sig-In Activity............

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sig-In Activity............: Hi,People from different countries and continents try to log into my Windows:What is the difference between tentative 1 and 2 circled in red?Thanks you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sig-in-activity/da939ea3-08bf-4c1c-b98e-35cce7e5e57e
  4. Sig-In Activity............

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Loading PrintMaster Platinum Version 17

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loading PrintMaster Platinum Version 17: I have been using this PrintMaster program since 2006 and have lots of "creations" on it. It worked fine yesterday but today.........nothing. Will not load. Any suggestions?...
  6. S-1-5-18

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    S-1-5-18: This keeps populating after fresh start. Multiple administrators and appears to be multiple OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/s-1-5-18/55087d33-da58-4357-a471-15b6c3754c25
  7. Printmaster Platinum 17

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printmaster Platinum 17: I have windows 10 and have been using Print Master Platinum 17. Since my latest window up grade, I couldn't open Print Master. I uninstalled 17, but I am unable to reinstall it....
  8. PrintMaster 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PrintMaster 2020: Is there any PrintMaster program that will work on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printmaster-2020/c62cf3de-452a-404c-ae8a-d1740789b35f
  9. OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS: HI THERE,COULD ANYONE HELP I HAVE LOADS OF FILES AND PROGRAMS I NEED DESPERATLY TO USE BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO OPEN AS ALWAYS SHOWS ERROR CANT OPEN 'EXE' FIES HOW DO I OPEN THEM WHAT DO I NEED TO GET OR WHAT DO I NEED TO DO PLEASE HELP AND THANKS....
  10. Broderbund Printmaster 18.1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broderbund Printmaster 18.1: I am not able to load this program on my new win10 PC. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broderbund-printmaster-181/28262def-8999-4b31-be3e-b67ecdd1e013