Windows 10: Broke my touchpad beacause forcing it to use precision driver.

Discus and support Broke my touchpad beacause forcing it to use precision driver. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I know this is kinda stupid. But i just wanted to use windows precision driver on my Lenovo Thinkbook 14-IIL. The touchpad i use is from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oazisn, Sep 11, 2020.

1. /u/oazisn Win User

Broke my touchpad beacause forcing it to use precision driver.

Hi!

I know this is kinda stupid. But i just wanted to use windows precision driver on my Lenovo Thinkbook 14-IIL. The touchpad i use is from synaptics. I use this tutorial https://www.howtogeek.com/325347/how-to-enable-microsofts-precision-touchpad-drivers-on-your-laptop/
    and
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/9vgv4x/guide_enabling_windows_precision_touchpad_on_x250/
    to enable the precision driver.
    The final result is bad. I can't use the touchpad at all when precision driver is installed. So, i rollback the driver to stock lenovo thinkbook 14-iil. The touchpad is usable now. But, I can't use left/right click and two taps fingers to open context menu anymore. I thought the precision driver is messing up with the touchpad firmware. Can anyone help me to fix that. Please....

submitted by /u/oazisn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oazisn, Sep 11, 2020

2. Precision Touchpad Driver

Hello

I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and the cursor jumps all over the screen when typing, and selects different input areas, etc. and I want to enable one finger scrolling, which isn't possible with Windows/precision). However, I'm really struggling to do this. I've downloaded the drivers from Synaptics site, but when I disable the device, install this driver (by manually selecting it using have disk), and restart, the touchpad doesn't work at all. If I install the driver by running setup, it appears to install fine, but makes no difference. If I let Windows choose the driver, it reverts back to the precision settings that I don't want!

Been searching all day trying to find something, but no joy - any suggestions?

Thanks

Charlie

charlie1105, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Precision Touchpad drivers are crappy on my dell xps 15...

From reading other forums it is clear that this is not only all Dells using precision touchpads but all laptops using it. I have a Lenovo doing the same. I also have the latest updates. I have read on the HP forums and they have the same problems with precision
    touchpads.

Precision touchpads are a Microsoft imitative to quite rightly force manufacturers to raise the standard but Microsoft have been sloppy on their side so all they have done is enforced a lower standard that is more difficult to use.

I get frustrated that all I get from Microsoft is the standard steps of updating drivers etc. and then a corporate statement. The only thing missing is being told to try switching it off and on again.

PhilipWindows, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Broke my touchpad beacause forcing it to use precision driver.

precision touchpad settings/revert to synapsis driver

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you finding the settings for Synaptics Touchpad.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Large view in Categories.
    • Select Mouse and select Synaptics touchpad
      in the tabs and check if you can find the settings for it.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Broke my touchpad beacause forcing it to use precision driver.

1. Broke my touchpad beacause forcing it to use precision driver. - Similar Threads - Broke touchpad beacause

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dragging with right click gesture for touchpad using windows precision drivers

Dragging with right click gesture for touchpad using windows precision drivers: I am using a normal laptop with standard touchpad with windows precision drivers. Today, most of the laptop touchpad use windows precision drivers, and are mostly gesture controlled. While we have many features like zooming in and out, rotating clock and anti clock wise and...
  6. Regarding Driver for precision touchpad

Regarding Driver for precision touchpad: Laptop : Dell XPS 14 L401X WIndows 7, upgraded to windows 10 insider latest build I had a normal touchpad on my laptop. The driver was synaptics pointing device. I wanted a precision touchpad. So, I found some information on this website : How to enable a Precision Touchpad...
  7. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  8. Not Able To Install Windows Precision Drivers On Touchpad

Not Able To Install Windows Precision Drivers On Touchpad: After i got the October update, my touchpad wasn't working which i had earlier upgraded from Synaptics to windows precision drivers. i installed the Synaptics drivers from Acer support website and then tried installing the precision drivers for Synaptics but something...
  9. Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?

Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?: ok, so I have been working on this issue for a while now. I finally found something in my manuals that states the touchpad is a Precision so dell does not have a driver for it. the trackpad depends on the windows native driver. All settings/devices/touchpad is the only...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...