Windows 10: Broke my wireless connectivity - Need some help.

Discus and support Broke my wireless connectivity - Need some help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all! So I was having issues with my Wifi taking too long to resolve the host DNS connections in Google Chrome and decided to do the basic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Noobgamer0111, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Broke my wireless connectivity - Need some help.

Hey all!

So I was having issues with my Wifi taking too long to resolve the host DNS connections in Google Chrome and decided to do the basic troubleshooting things.

Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/lFpKRQ4

First, I disconnected from the Wifi by clicking the tile on Network and Internet settings on the taskbar. No good.

I then ran an SFC and DISM check in an elevated command prompt. Looks clean. Doesn't fix issue.

I then decided to do a Network Reset.

I then got a notification that my device was going to be signed out in less than 5 minutes. I then clicked on sign out after right-clicking my account picture.

"This is where the fun begins." - Anakin Skywalker

Immediate black screen. Both fans and drive light still running. I panic and force-shutdown the laptop.

Laptop boots normally and I notice that the wifi icon is replaced with the globe sign for no Internet connection. I click on it to connect to Wifi.

Wifi tile is no longer visible.

Lots of bad words fill my brain.

Using my 5 metre Ethernet cable, I am now connected to the Internet.

1. Ran the Network Troubleshooter. Clicked on Advanced settings and ran it as Admin. Saw an error stating the Windows Wireless service is not running.
    2. Now ran Services as admin. Clicked on "WLAN Autoconfig". Press start. Got errM or 1067.
    3. I then checked Device Manager. Updated drivers from Windows. Update successful. Problem still not resolved.
    4. Checked Network and Sharing Centre. Saw this and was surprised.

So it looks my hardware is fine, but Win 10 broke my wireless.

My specs: Dell Inspiron 15R 7520 SE (laptop).

CPU: Intel Core-i7 3612QM u/2.10 GHz

RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 SODIMM @ 1600MHz

GPU (integrated): Intel HD Graphics 4000

GPU (dedicated): AMD Radeon HD 7730M (2GB) Now broken due to constant boot lockups when installing the official AMD drivers and software from AMD. BSOD: Inaccessible Boot device (real nice work, Win 10. Now people with hybrid graphics can't use their graphics cards properly).

The Network Adapter: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230

submitted by /u/Noobgamer0111
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Noobgamer0111, Jun 7, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Hannelore Win User
    Project connect to wireless device issue

Thanks for this suggestion; it's made me realise that I think it might be a problem with my tv after all, because now it won't come up anymore in the list of devices. I better check out some help for this tv; maybe something got turned off by mistake.

Thanks :Broke my wireless connectivity - Need some help. :)

Hannelore, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Broke my wireless connectivity - Need some help.

wireless connectivity

Hi Carl,

It's possible that your wireless network adapter is incompatible with the latest Windows 10 update, causing network connectivity issues. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions
    for you:

• Which specific build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we recommend using the built-in network troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix common network problems. To use it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Network troubleshooter.
    • Click Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps shown on the screen.

Additionally, we suggest updating your wireless network adapter driver by following the steps

here

We'll wait for your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Broke my wireless connectivity - Need some help.

1. Broke my wireless connectivity - Need some help. - Similar Threads - Broke wireless connectivity

2. Hi guys, I need some help with my wireless adapter / driver!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi guys, I need some help with my wireless adapter / driver!: Greetings. I'm having issues staying connected to WiFi. I'm running Windows 11 and the last few weeks or so, my wifi connection has been considerably glitchy and disconnecting at random intervals. I believe I've narrowed it down to an issue with an outdated WiFi adapter...
  3. Hi guys, I need some help with my wireless adapter / driver!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi guys, I need some help with my wireless adapter / driver!: Greetings. I'm having issues staying connected to WiFi. I'm running Windows 11 and the last few weeks or so, my wifi connection has been considerably glitchy and disconnecting at random intervals. I believe I've narrowed it down to an issue with an outdated WiFi adapter...
  4. Need some helpful help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some helpful help: So I was trying to download an editing software, on my Window 10, but I couldn't install it because I was missing opencl.dll, but I found the opencl.dll in File Explorer, so i dragged it in the System32 file. But now i faced with a new problem. My new problem is "the...
  5. Need some help with Error 1067 and my Wireless Internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need some help with Error 1067 and my Wireless Internet.: Hey all! So I was having issues with my Wifi taking too long to resolve the host DNS connections in Google Chrome and decided to do the basic troubleshooting things. Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/lFpKRQ4 First, I disconnected from the Wifi by clicking the tile on...
  6. Need HELP Wireless connection

Need HELP Wireless connection: I have the wireless driver and I don't know how to get the driver into the device manager or how to download it. I have windows 10 and a windows 8.1 wireless driver but I will run it in compatibility mode. I need this for school. Someone PLEASE HELP. [ATTACH]...
  7. most recent update broke wireless connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    most recent update broke wireless connections: Hello! Since the last update, every time I change wireless networks with my laptop, the wireless adapter can't see any networks. Once I reboot at the new location, it connects just fine. But it means I have to reboot literally every time I open the laptop at home, at work,...
  8. Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display: Hi, ive been able to connect to my phillips smart tv for couple of times vis miracast. i did that by pressing "windows key + P" and pressing connect to a wireless display. next sub window would open and automatically scan for devices. it would find it instantly and it would...
  9. I need help with some internet connectivity.

I need help with some internet connectivity.: I have a laptop using XP (that is what I am on) and a desktop using Win. 10 both hard wired to the same router. Laptop does everything it is supposed to on internet, desktop will only connect to a few things including ebay, general movie theater, but will not connect to my...
  10. Update Broke Computer Need Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!: To start off I've been trying to fix my computer for a week now and have had no success. I don't think it's malware, I've had Malwarebytes installed onto my computer for about a year now and have ran a scan multiple times with "Scan for rootkits" option turned on, since...