Windows 10: Broke USB

Discus and support Broke USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I put a USB in my computer,it doesn't show up.When I open disk management, it shows up and says"device is working properly".It does this on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NATALIA1040, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Broke USB

When I put a USB in my computer,it doesn't show up.When I open disk management, it shows up and says"device is working properly".It does this on my desktop also.My other USBs work.Why does it say the device is working properly when it won't open?

How do I fix the USB so I can see what files I put on it?It won't open on any of my computers.

:)

NATALIA1040, Feb 15, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Broke USB

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Broke USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Broke USB

1. Broke USB - Similar Threads - Broke USB

2. Windows 10 update on 9/15/2022 broke USB ports FIX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update on 9/15/2022 broke USB ports FIX: I installed the update yesterday before work and when I came home none of my USB ports worked after Windows loaded. I have booted into safe mode and tried uninstalling the last update which didn't work. I am trying a restore point on 9/13/2022 as I type this.This did work. So...
  3. Windows 10 update on 9/15/2022 broke USB ports FIX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update on 9/15/2022 broke USB ports FIX: I installed the update yesterday before work and when I came home none of my USB ports worked after Windows loaded. I have booted into safe mode and tried uninstalling the last update which didn't work. I am trying a restore point on 9/13/2022 as I type this.This did work. So...
  4. Windows 10 update on 9/15/2022 broke USB ports FIX

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Update broke Wifi and USB device connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update broke Wifi and USB device connection: My laptop recently had a windows 10 update which did not go so well due to firewall blocking the update. Since the update my start menu is not opening, wifi and ethernet are not showing up and no USB connections are getting detected.The...
  6. Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update 20H2 corrupted system, broke windows hello and usb monitor.: An update was installed yesterday on my surface pro running windows 10, the initial issue was that windows hello face recognition stopped working along with an external usb connected monitor. Fingerprint was broken as well but I wasn't using that. After investigation and...
  7. the last windows update broke my phone usb cable recognition. what should i do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the last windows update broke my phone usb cable recognition. what should i do?: i tried everything - tried uninstalling drivers, installing drivers, installing mi suite ( redmi note 7 ) - i also installed bunch of things i forgot the name of such as the microsoft media suite or something - what am i to do now? submitted by /u/chineseshillbot1993...
  8. Usb broke during windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Usb broke during windows 10 media creation tool: Hey, today I was going to format my laptop so I downloaded and used Media Creationtool to created bootable flash drive on my ADATA flash drive 32gb. However, the media creation tool stucked at 58 percent and I pluged off the usb. And now I cannot format usb and also computer...
  9. USB broke down after attempt to download Windows Creation Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB broke down after attempt to download Windows Creation Tool: I tried to download the Microsoft Media Creation Tool on my new USD drive in order to set Windows 10 on a new SSD. But the process canceled when I got 100% with an error message. I tried to repeat the process but failed. Now the system cannot see this USB and it looks like...
  10. Newest Windows update KB4100347 10/20/2018 Broke USB Headset Mic connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newest Windows update KB4100347 10/20/2018 Broke USB Headset Mic connection: I was using a Razer Man o War head set and on Saturday (10/20/2018) my mic stopped working. I thought maybe it was just broken talked with Razer support they couldnt figure it out. They sent me to best buy to get a replacement. I decided to step it up and get the Razer Nari...