Windows 10: Broken 1511 - add VM and install Creators, then replace ?

Discus and support Broken 1511 - add VM and install Creators, then replace ? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have a 1511 install that simply does not work in any number of ways. Much time spent to trying to fix 1511. MS updates and support failed to fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by alternety, Aug 11, 2017.

1. alternety Win User

Broken 1511 - add VM and install Creators, then replace ?

I have a 1511 install that simply does not work in any number of ways. Much time spent to trying to fix 1511. MS updates and support failed to fix.

I have a plan. I would like to know if it is actually doable. Much reading; but I just want to sure.

I have a backup of the bad 1511, created by Macrium Reflect.

I want to turn on Hyper v and do a clean install of 1703 from an ISO in a VM.

I will try to relocate my files and applications from the 1511 version that was created from an 8.1 upgrade into the 1703 VM. Suggestions of what to use to do this are solicited! I have things that can not be reinstalled that I want to keep.

Then I want to overwrite 1511 with the 1703 I have built. I am thinking Reflect.

I have drivers from Asus, but they are programs I don't really understand. I am not sure how to get the drivers into 1703 before installing as the base machine.

What I am asking is if this will work. And any hints or likely problems in the process. I have literally spent months on this mess; and I still don't know what the problem is. It is not hardware. The problem the initial upgrade) has persisted across two machines.

:)

alternety, Aug 11, 2017
  2. MrVictorU Win User

[Bug?] Error message on Lumia 830 front facing camera

Hi everyone,

I have just replaced my front facing camera (which I bought on ebay) since it was broken when I replaced my screen Broken 1511 - add VM and install Creators, then replace ? :p

It used to pop out camera not connected because the cable is broken but now when I put a new front facing camera on it pop out with error message 0xA00F4271(0xC00D3704).

here is some info I think would be relevant:

OS build: 10.0.10586.318

Version:1511

Thanks!

MrVictorU, Aug 11, 2017
  3. E48565 Win User
    Is the Windows 10 Digital License bound to hardware?

I have a Windows 10 VM on a macbook pro. It was updated to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period from Windows 7 so it is has a digital license. The macbook pro is broken so I am trying to move the VM to another machine. Is the license bound to the
    hardware? Will I be able to move the VM to a new machine?

E48565, Aug 11, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Just download 1703 iso, double click and run setup.exe.

cereberus, Aug 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Broken 1511 - add VM and install Creators, then replace ? - Similar Threads - Broken 1511 add

2. Broken USB Transceiver Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken USB Transceiver Replacement: Where can I get a replacement USB transceiver for my wireless 850 keyboard & mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-usb-transceiver-replacement/daee81dd-3f44-42c4-88fc-c8cd3c573a39
  3. Samba broken on Fedora 31 VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Samba broken on Fedora 31 VM: Hi folks These issues are raised here because some people might think it's a VMWare or Windows problem -- in this case both Ms and VMware seem entirely innocent for once !!!. Those trying latest updates to FEDORA as a VM (Fedora 31 kernel 5.X.X) will probably find SAMBA...
  4. Debian Stretch VM on latest Windows Host with VM - USB3 broken

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Debian Stretch VM on latest Windows Host with VM - USB3 broken: Hi folks Windows Host -- latest Insider rel w10 pro a-64. I like DEBIAN also for servers -- latest LTS ( Debian "Stretch") avoids 99% of problems with SAMBA / Windows connections etc but there is a problem with VMWARE workstation 14.1 when you try and attach a USB3 external...
  5. Creator update password background broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creator update password background broken: I once set my password screen to not have the lock screen picture. It used my normal single-colour desktop background. After this last update it's now a muddy grey. The setting of 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' has gone away. So, I don't...
  6. Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!: Hi there apart from really hosing up the Interface (why on earth do people mess with perfectly acceptable programs and then turn it into something HORRIBLE) the scan doesn't work It says it thinks there's a threat on my machine -- but nothing in the logs and when you...
  7. Windows HELLO in CREATOR broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows HELLO in CREATOR broken: Windows Hello in v1607 worked fine with my fingerprint sensor. Upgrade install to Creator and now it says it is not available on this PC. Nothing changed with the device manager Validity FP sensor. I uninstalled and reinstalled it also. Still Hello won't say Hello. I want it...
  8. MKV playback on embedded Player broken after 1511

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MKV playback on embedded Player broken after 1511: anyone find that they can no longer play MKV format after the update? is there a fix, other than uninstalling it and using a real player? 32624
  9. Stuck in a broken 1511

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in a broken 1511: I have a machine with 1511 on it. Upgraded from 8.1 keeping files and applications. Was working fine. Then >10 MS tries at updating to 1607; all failed with nothing useful I could understand displayed. I bought a new MB. Asus Maximus IX Hero. Moved 1511 to new MB and...
  10. Repeated update failure from 1511 to creators

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repeated update failure from 1511 to creators: Several times I have downloaded and installed CU. The installation goes well and after a little while I get the welcome screen and privacy settings, then CU is running perfectly, until I reboot. This is where the problem is, every time the usual start up screens appear then a...