Windows 10: Broken Admin Account

Discus and support Broken Admin Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I am on a computer that has two admin accounts. One account works fine, but there was a time when the other user made use of the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AtomLaw, Dec 2, 2018.

1. AtomLaw Win User

Broken Admin Account

Greetings,

I am on a computer that has two admin accounts. One account works fine, but there was a time when the other user made use of the other account in which Windows went into an update screen. 16 hours later and power failure the update was unsuccessful and the account is unable to load.

The issue is that the account has some crucial information and I would like the other account to work, if possible we make sure that the information is never lost.

Could I get advice on this matter?

:)

AtomLaw, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 2, 2018
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Broken Admin Account

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Broken Admin Account

1. Broken Admin Account - Similar Threads - Broken Admin Account

2. the admin account’s permissions are broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the admin account’s permissions are broken.: on my PC this is by the way the same admin account from my last PC that is tied to my Microsoft account. The reason i know this is in fact the problem is i am trying to get Battle.net the application to run it gets stuck on the log in and fails to load regardless of having...
  3. the admin account’s permissions are broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the admin account’s permissions are broken.: on my PC this is by the way the same admin account from my last PC that is tied to my Microsoft account. The reason i know this is in fact the problem is i am trying to get Battle.net the application to run it gets stuck on the log in and fails to load regardless of having...
  4. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  5. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  6. Admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account: Hi, guys! I bought a laptop for my mom, but I had to use my email to start it and set it up for her. Now she really doesn't want neither my email nor my face as her admin, which I understand. However, I've tried absolutely everything I knew to change that and nothing worked....
  7. admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account: My son has got around his screen time by logging in the the admin account on his pc, how do i remove this and stop him setting up new account to stop him bypassing the screen time...
  8. Admin accounts

Admin accounts: I'm getting my partner to give me a user account whereby I'll be able to login and install software at will. My questions are: Does this need to be an admin account? Secondly I don't want to see what files she has, that's her business and I know admin level users can see...
  9. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  10. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrator broken windows

2. 1809 runas administrator broken