Windows 10: Broken: Administrator role

Discus and support Broken: Administrator role in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Hoping I'm in the right place and that someone can help me. Disclosure: I'm not very fluent with computers, they weren't really part of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by omzanti, Mar 11, 2019.

1. omzanti Win User

Broken: Administrator role

Hi all,

Hoping I'm in the right place and that someone can help me. Disclosure: I'm not very fluent with computers, they weren't really part of my generation. So please if you reply... can I request the "For Dumbies" version Broken: Administrator role :) That would be greatly appreciated!

Recently my MS account login has stopped being an 'administrator'. As far as I can tell, there is no one listed as administrator. When the "Do you want to make changes to this computer" box opens up, I only get the option to click 'no'... There isn't even the outline of a box where the 'yes' option should be.

Also, when I've been trying to troubleshoot accounts, I don't have the option of "family and other users" or just "other users" in the left hand menu.

It's such a pain Broken: Administrator role :(

Thank you kindly!

:)

omzanti, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Broken: Administrator role :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 11, 2019
  3. mafia97 Win User
    What is a role playing game?

Hi all,
    was just browsing through the list of role playing games available on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_role-playing_games_by_name
    to review my next game.
    the list has games i have not even heard of and IGN says diablo 3 is roleplaying game and assassins creed is not.
    I thought any game in which we played the role of some hero like desmond in assassins creed or max in max payne,is a role playing game.
    can you guys please clear my confussion?
    thanks

mafia97, Mar 11, 2019
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Broken: Administrator role - Similar Threads - Broken Administrator role

2. Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role: I have been invited to join a family Microsoft 365 subscription but the link won't work. I notice my role is administrator. How do I change this?...
  3. Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Administrator descriptor under my account role: I have been invited to join a family Microsoft 365 subscription but the link won't work. I notice my role is administrator. How do I change this?...
  4. Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10: I have WIN10 and during instalIation on my home computer, I assigned myself as administrator. However, after a few years, I noticed that there are many functions that I can't do because WIN10 says that I don't have permissions. For example, I cannot change the time, I can't...
  5. Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10: I have WIN10 and during instalIation on my home computer, I assigned myself as administrator. However, after a few years, I noticed that there are many functions that I can't do because WIN10 says that I don't have permissions. For example, I cannot change the time, I can't...
  6. Administrator Role Not Recognized and No Permissions Granted WIN-10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role

Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role: A week ago I had Administrator rights on this PC. For reasons unknown they have disappeared. I am no longer able to open downloaded apps. I have followed many fixes offered by Microsoft and others but in the end get to "Access Denied" or yet another request to log in to MS...
  8. Change Administrator role to Standard User role

Change Administrator role to Standard User role: I would like to change the original user that the computer was setup with from an administrator to a standard user. I have added another user that has administrator rights. Please advise how I can do this. Thank you in advance, Bob...
  9. Administrator roles in Windows 10 are useless for some operations.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator roles in Windows 10 are useless for some operations.: Increasingly, I am getting angry about non-sensical behavior from Windows. To make a long story short, I am trying to disable some settings in the Task Scheduler (among others, but let's focus on that one). Absolutely nothing enables me to do this: I do not have admin...
  10. Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue: It seems my only user on this PC isn't a administrator even though the role in Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts clearly says ; <Acount Name> <Email> Administrator Password protected When running gpedit.msc it says "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. and running...