Windows 10: Broken Audio Drivers

Discus and support Broken Audio Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I am having problems with my sound, the only driver that appears is NVIDIA high definition audio which connects to my monitor. I've installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Charles ArthurDegener, May 11, 2021.

1. Broken Audio Drivers

Hello,I am having problems with my sound, the only driver that appears is NVIDIA high definition audio which connects to my monitor. I've installed Realtek drivers but it wont show, another thing that does not seem to be there is high definition audio. I was simply trying to watch a video then all of a sudden my sound did not work. After I tried everything to fix it from using different types of sound devices and plugging them into both of my audio jacks back and front panels even downloading Realtek multiple times to updating windows and drivers all I could think of is

:)

Charles ArthurDegener, May 11, 2021

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 11, 2021
  3. Realtek HD Audio Drivers missing after installing driver update for AMD Graphics Card

I'd suppose Realtek USB 2.0 Audio is what you need. Try to install drivers manually form the list system suggests.

And may be the soundcard is partially broken.

Igor Leyko, May 11, 2021
  4. Broken Audio Drivers

Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Broken Audio Drivers

1. Broken Audio Drivers - Similar Threads - Broken Audio Drivers

2. Audio's broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio's broken: Hello everyone, i have a trouble with my audio today. You see i download the High definiton audio device in the Realtek website but when i use it, it doesn't appear in the Sounds,Video and games controller but it keep appearing in the "Other Devices" with the name of Intel...
  3. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my audio drivers are completely broken: I used to have Realtek audio drivers, after a month of my pc being off I Finally got time and went to use my pc i ended up updating the drivers and all of the sudden Realtek is gone and is taken over by High definition audio device although after the update everything was...
  4. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my audio drivers are completely broken: I used to have Realtek audio drivers, after a month of my pc being off I Finally got time and went to use my pc i ended up updating the drivers and all of the sudden Realtek is gone and is taken over by High definition audio device although after the update everything was...
  5. my audio drivers are completely broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Broken Audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Audio: It only happens in one game Team Fortress 2, my audio gets really choppy about every 5 or so minutes. It fixes when I head into the settings and switch my audio type from headphones to 2 speakers and back to headphones. It doesn't matter what kind of headphones I use. TF2 is...
  7. Broken audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken audio: I turned on spatial sound and turned it back off as no sound was coming through. Now when its off there is no sound coming through my headphones at all. Ive tried restarting unplugging and replugging back in....
  8. Audio drivers broken???

Audio drivers broken???: So, my computer started freezing and making a skreeching sound and this has happened before. I was able to fix it by uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling them. It started happening again but this time something did not go right. [ATTACH]...
  9. Broken audio

Broken audio: When I updated my computer to the latest windows 10 version (1903) it broke my audio. I cant connect my headphones to my pc and the only sound I get is the sound from my second monitor which is a TV. I have tried updating all my drivers, uninstalling them, disabling them,...
  10. Audio drivers broken after Windows update

Audio drivers broken after Windows update: Hello, after I updated my laptop to the newest windows version (1803) my audio stopped working. It jus says that there are no audio devices connected and because I have a laptop I can't "unplug and plug back in" the devices. In device manager there is a "another devices" tab...