Windows 10: Broken audio

Discus and support Broken audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I turned on spatial sound and turned it back off as no sound was coming through. Now when its off there is no sound coming through my headphones at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamWhincup, May 21, 2020 at 5:22 AM.

1. Broken audio

I turned on spatial sound and turned it back off as no sound was coming through. Now when its off there is no sound coming through my headphones at all. Ive tried restarting unplugging and replugging back in.

:)

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, May 21, 2020 at 5:25 AM
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

4. Broken audio

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, May 21, 2020 at 5:25 AM
Thema:

Broken audio

1. Broken audio - Similar Threads - Broken audio

2. Audio drivers broken???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio drivers broken???: So, my computer started freezing and making a skreeching sound and this has happened before. I was able to fix it by uninstalling the audio drivers and reinstalling them. It started happening again but this time something did not go right. [ATTACH]...
  3. Audio Completely Broken in my HP Windows 10 PC

Audio Completely Broken in my HP Windows 10 PC: Hi, my PC is only 6 months old and a few months ago, the audio suddenly stopped working in the middle of me using my computer. This took the form of explorer restarting and then the audio icon displaying a red x with "no audio devices plugged in. I have wiped my PC,...
  4. Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally bumped my computer, now my audio is completely broken.: Just now I adjusted my chair and lightly hit my computer with my leg. When this happened, I heard an ear-splitting noise and all audio and video froze. To restart, I had to pull the plug on the computer and then restart to ensure it worked properly. Upon resuming normal...
  5. Audio Enhancements Broken

Audio Enhancements Broken: I still have my audio enhancements tab available, but it's clearly not working well. [ATTACH] I have no idea why this is happening or what started it, but it's been a moderate inconvenience. Anyone else with this issue?...
  6. Windows 10 version 1909 update has broken my AMD High Definition Audio Device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 version 1909 update has broken my AMD High Definition Audio Device: One of my PCs updated to v 1909 of Windows 10 today, and I lost audio on restart. I investigated this and found that the AMD High Definition Audio Device no longer outputs sound. Tried updated the drivers, then rolling back the drivers, multiple restarts, no joy. It's a huge...
  7. My app audio in advanced app settings is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    My app audio in advanced app settings is broken: My app audio in settings is broken and keeps going from 0-100 rapidly and makes my audio either not work or sound Studer because of it going to 0-100! This is very annoying please help....
  8. High Definition Audio Controller Broken

High Definition Audio Controller Broken: Hi, according to my device manager the high definition audio controller is not working, and as a result my audio is currently not working. In trying to fix this issue, I've attempted the various suggestions offered within the other threads regarding this specific issue, yet...
  9. Broken audio

Broken audio: When I updated my computer to the latest windows 10 version (1903) it broke my audio. I cant connect my headphones to my pc and the only sound I get is the sound from my second monitor which is a TV. I have tried updating all my drivers, uninstalling them, disabling them,...
  10. Audio is literally broken

Audio is literally broken: When i plugged in my Speakers and tried to watch youtube it had no sound and when i checked it says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" sooo yea..... someone help...