Windows 10: broken boot record after uninstalling ubuntu (hurry)

Discus and support broken boot record after uninstalling ubuntu (hurry) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have windows 10 1909 , ubuntu 19.04 dual boot. Bugged linux, i got black screen after an update, so i decided restart my computer after more than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by empleat, Feb 2, 2020.

1. empleat Win User

broken boot record after uninstalling ubuntu (hurry)

I have windows 10 1909 , ubuntu 19.04 dual boot. Bugged linux, i got black screen after an update, so i decided restart my computer after more than half and hour - because it cant take so long updating from previous version. Beside shouldnt get blackscreen... I was unable save ubuntu system, so i was forced to reinstall and i wanted to change distro, because i had only bad experience with it so far...

So i find this thread here on this forum, i tried easy UEFI to delete ubuntu boot record, but it didnt work.
    Than i tried:
    mountvol U: /s
    dir /A /S U:\

del /F U:\ path\loader.efi
    RD /S /Q "U:\EFI\ubuntu"
    mountvol U:\ /D

Next i restart my pc and after post screen grub command line shows and pc not booting.

So i google how to fix bootrecord after uninstalling ubuntu on gpt disk... So i finally get to part when i write bootrec /fixboot and it said access denied so i find another website and than it worked. This is supposed to fix it. But again, windows not booting, instead it says please insert bootable media bla bla bla... At this point i am really annoyed, so i find on other site http://Fix UEFI Boot: Repair UEFI Bo...0/8/7 – EaseUS another guide, which is same, but at the end is fix BCD store. Did that and now when i start pc it instantly resets and cant get even to the bios LUL

That should be everything i did, i read whole article before i tried anything and title says it fix boot record after uninstalling ubuntu on gpt disk, yet it didnt work. These guides are full of sh1t and never work. I have backup, but with grub on disk, so if i break something i can revert that. Unfortunately linux distro was on another disk so that is gone, now it won't boot. So i need to repair windows boot loader.

Please halp !!! This crap is so annoying, did everything right step by step and it doesn't work...

:)

empleat, Feb 2, 2020
  2. trigan5 Win User

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

trigan5, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

Hello.

I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case),
    where Ubuntu was stored. But, now whenever I boot my system, a black grub screen comes with the following message:

"Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device completions.

grub> _"

Upon writing 'exit', I am able to enter Windows.

1. I wish to know the reason behind it and how it can be removed.

2. I found this site, Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot, I went ahead and performed all the steps. But somehow
    ended up with this error.

Also, I saw your reply on this thread Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10.
    But it did not help me to remove my error. I will really appreciate your help in removing this error.

Thank you.

ShreyaShah7, Feb 2, 2020
  4. broken boot record after uninstalling ubuntu (hurry)

Broken window boot manager

Hello Danny,

We regret for the inconvenience. Before we conclude that the Windows Boot Manager is broken, we need to see if the issue is related to Windows at all.

Now, this issue might happen, if GRUB can't find its requisite files. This can have numerous issues.

In this case, we need more information about your system, especially which hard drives or solid state disks are installed in your computer and how they are connected.

Few more details we need to know are as follows:

• What do you mean when you say 'I missed a step on resetting everything'?
    • On which drive you installed Ubuntu and (if you know) on which you installed the bootloader?

There is a chance that the grub installation on your hard drive is broken. In that case, you need to update/repair grub using Ubuntu live CD.

Write to us with the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

broken boot record after uninstalling ubuntu (hurry)

1. broken boot record after uninstalling ubuntu (hurry) - Similar Threads - broken boot record

2. I can't boot my windows after uninstalling Ubuntu and formatting second disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't boot my windows after uninstalling Ubuntu and formatting second disk.: My computer keeps throwing me into the BIOS screen and won't boot up because it can't find a bootable device. Let me explain the story from the beginning:-I had a Samsung disk with Windows installed on it.-Then I installed Ubuntu alongside it as a dual boot.-Later, I bought a...
  3. I can't boot my windows after uninstalling Ubuntu and formatting second disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't boot my windows after uninstalling Ubuntu and formatting second disk.: My computer keeps throwing me into the BIOS screen and won't boot up because it can't find a bootable device. Let me explain the story from the beginning:-I had a Samsung disk with Windows installed on it.-Then I installed Ubuntu alongside it as a dual boot.-Later, I bought a...
  4. Uninstalling Ubuntu and recovering Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling Ubuntu and recovering Windows: HeyIf i use a recovery media to uninstall ubuntu and what not, windows will install for 30 days. Does this mean the preloaded windows 10 pro is gone?My active question on askubuntu.com https://askubuntu.com/questions/1399102/how-to-uninstall-ubuntu-server-20-04-on-notebook...
  5. Broken XBoxGameBar Recording

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken XBoxGameBar Recording: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mjlee2003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itam18/broken_xboxgamebar_recording/
  6. Can’t boot into Windows 10 Installation Tool after uninstalling Ubuntu..then it gets stuck...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t boot into Windows 10 Installation Tool after uninstalling Ubuntu..then it gets stuck...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dehyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3xsej/cant_boot_into_windows_10_installation_tool_after/
  7. Uninstall ubuntu from dual boot from dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall ubuntu from dual boot from dynamic disk: I have my laptop dual booted with Windows in basic drive ssd and ubuntu in dynamic drivehdd but now I wish to uninstall ubuntu. I followed some steps as they were given online: 1 In disk management in window I deleted partition where I had installed ubuntu. 2 I tried...
  8. Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10: Hello. I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case), where Ubuntu...
  9. How to gain boot speed after uninstalling ubuntu/grub2 from dual boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to gain boot speed after uninstalling ubuntu/grub2 from dual boot: Support needed for efi boot partition related issues.. So i recently installed ubuntu 19.04 in my ssd by shrinking some free space. I did it manually in ubuntu installer .. everything was great.. So i came to know ubuntu has no driver and support officially from amd . So i...
  10. Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu: I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT...