Windows 10: Broken button?

Discus and support Broken button? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Inside of app and browser control where it says check apps and files, I try setting it to Warn, but whenever I change it and confirm I want to do it,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kyle VanLoon, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Broken button?

Inside of app and browser control where it says check apps and files, I try setting it to Warn, but whenever I change it and confirm I want to do it, it sets it back to Block. I don't know why. Please help.

-Kyle

:)

Kyle VanLoon, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Dec 1, 2018
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Broken button?

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Broken button?

1. Broken button? - Similar Threads - Broken button

2. How to fix HP 450 G3 Probook Power button is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix HP 450 G3 Probook Power button is broken: I was Mistake I accidentally broke Power button. At November 2 2023 I accidentally I was bsod and I deleted all system and hp said "boot device not found" I installed windows 10 and at October 27 2023 there's not working for running for disc and virtualization. And December...
  3. How to fix HP 450 G3 Probook Power button is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix HP 450 G3 Probook Power button is broken: I was Mistake I accidentally broke Power button. At November 2 2023 I accidentally I was bsod and I deleted all system and hp said "boot device not found" I installed windows 10 and at October 27 2023 there's not working for running for disc and virtualization. And December...
  4. How to fix HP 450 G3 Probook Power button is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mail Manage button broken....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail Manage button broken....: Mail not working, and when I go into Settings, Accounts, and select my email account, the Manage button appears. Clicking on it the pop up window shows for a split second, but does not open. I've made no changes to the PC or done any updates recently. Any help is appreciated....
  6. Mail Manage button broken....

Mail Manage button broken....: Mail not working, and when I go into Settings, Accounts, and select my email account, the Manage button appears. Clicking on it the pop up window shows for a split second, but does not open. I've made no changes to the PC or done any updates recently. Any help is appreciated....
  7. Wifi button broken??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi button broken??: I turn on my laptop and my wifi was not connected, so I go to turn it on through the little pop up where Bluetooth airplane mode and nightlight and all that stuff. Btw its windows 11. I try to turn it on, the wifi lights on but it says not available, so I go to the settings...
  8. Wifi button broken??

Wifi button broken??: I turn on my laptop and my wifi was not connected, so I go to turn it on through the little pop up where Bluetooth airplane mode and nightlight and all that stuff. Btw its windows 11. I try to turn it on, the wifi lights on but it says not available, so I go to the settings...
  9. Is there any other way to open a laptop if its power button's built -in keyboard is broken?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there any other way to open a laptop if its power button's built -in keyboard is broken?: I have a laptop I life Zed air H that has a built-in power button on its keyboard. I have tried many times to open my laptop several times and it's not starting. I think the power button is broken or worse, the whole keyboard....
  10. Is there any other way to open a laptop if its power button's built -in keyboard is broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any other way to open a laptop if its power button's built -in keyboard is broken?: I have a laptop I life Zed air H that has a built-in power button on its keyboard. I have tried many times to open my laptop several times and it's not starting. I think the power button is broken or worse, the whole keyboard....