Windows 10: Broken Desktop

Discus and support Broken Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the exact same symptoms as this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by builder117, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Broken Desktop

I have the exact same symptoms as this post:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-icons-start-menu-wont-open-taskbar-wont/6f43da79-56ee-4920-aed3-fcf87e63edf9I've tried virtually everything I've found even remotely related to broken boot issues, DISM can't find the source file on the boot USB for who knows what reason I've seen some talk about install.esd not working properly, but I have no idea how to move a converted install.wim to the USB as the "file is too big for this type of drive"Chkdsk running from the OS itself will cause a blue screen Actually I believe

:)

builder117, Jul 4, 2021
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jul 4, 2021
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 4, 2021
  4. MohanC Win User

Broken Desktop

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Broken Desktop

1. Broken Desktop - Similar Threads - Broken Desktop

2. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  3. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  4. The filters on the Microsoft Store desktop app are broken and stunted. Why is it so painful...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The filters on the Microsoft Store desktop app are broken and stunted. Why is it so painful...: The calendar flyout is gone from Windows 11. But when I open the Microsoft Store app to try to find a simple calendar app i.e. to show a month view I am astounded at how the user experience for searching for an app is so deplorable.1. The Filters reset every time I view an...
  5. The filters on the Microsoft Store desktop app are broken and stunted. Why is it so painful...

The filters on the Microsoft Store desktop app are broken and stunted. Why is it so painful...: The calendar flyout is gone from Windows 11. But when I open the Microsoft Store app to try to find a simple calendar app i.e. to show a month view I am astounded at how the user experience for searching for an app is so deplorable.1. The Filters reset every time I view an...
  6. Connecting to Online Banks has broken on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to Online Banks has broken on my desktop.: Connecting to Online Banks has broken. One site will just not connect at login. Another connects to the website but will not connect to online banking and I just get the revolving wheel. I think this is a Windows 11 issue as I can connect to the sites on my ipad. I need to...
  7. Connecting to Online Banks has broken on my desktop.

Connecting to Online Banks has broken on my desktop.: Connecting to Online Banks has broken. One site will just not connect at login. Another connects to the website but will not connect to online banking and I just get the revolving wheel. I think this is a Windows 11 issue as I can connect to the sites on my ipad. I need to...
  8. Remote desktop client broken on Windows 11 after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop client broken on Windows 11 after update: I use Windows 11 dell laptop to remote into my work computer every day. Everytime Windows 11 would update it would break remote desktop - It would authenticate but would show a black screen and would not proceed further. It would work when I uninstalled the update and pause...
  9. Remote desktop client broken on Windows 11 after update

Remote desktop client broken on Windows 11 after update: I use Windows 11 dell laptop to remote into my work computer every day. Everytime Windows 11 would update it would break remote desktop - It would authenticate but would show a black screen and would not proceed further. It would work when I uninstalled the update and pause...
  10. Broken desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken desktop Shortcuts: Hi all,I have a problem with my desktop shortuts. When I restart my laptop and click on any shortcut, I get the below message.The program still opens, but the shortcut icon disappears and is now in my recycling bin. This happens everytime the laptop restarts with every...